OK- maybe I'm being thick....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK- maybe I'm being thick....

.....but how do I get to the archives under the present system?

Blame my failing eyes if I'm missing something obvious.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

They are presently not available as there is no utility to import them from UBB to this version of vBulletin.

Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the makers of vB, are aware of the lack of this utility and are looking into providing it in future versions.

------------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Does this mean that the archive contents are lost? It would be one hell of a shame if they're gone for good.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

No, the archives have not been lost -- they have been backed up for such a time as an import utility to vB becomes available.

------------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

What format are the old archives saved? As text files? What format would they have to imported into? I saw MTG say something about the new system using MySQL, if that's the case importing text files into a MySQL database isn't too tough.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Hi Garth.

No, they are not in .txt format.

------------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
            X