Cookie query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie query

Let me admit in advance that I don't fully understand the workings of the internet.

Since the upgrade of this site, I no longer have to sign in. This is very handy. But what happens if I sign in from an internet cafe if I am out of town? I know that I would have to submit my password. But if someone else uses the same PC months or even years later, would they automatically be signed on with my login?

I'm not sure about the other browsers, but with IE 6, you can go into <b>Tools</b> -> <b>Internet Options</b> and click the <b>Delete Cookies</b> button when you sign out, if on a public computer.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Should this thread ne renamed thats the way the cookie crumbles?
      (+1)

Comment

Easier still: just set the browser so it rejects all cookies. Just remember to reset it after you are done.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

But then you have to log in each time you want to post. It's easier to have cookies enabled, do your posting & stuff, then delete it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's true if you are making more than a couple of posts, though it's not always easy. Mozilla has the best cookie management feature, while you have to go at cookies.txt with an editor if Netscape 4.x (or older) is the browser offered.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
            X