My avatar is HUGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My avatar is HUGE

It takes up alot of the screen (more than anyone elses) is this the way everyones is, and you see it differently. Or does mine just defy the rules?

It is afterall,.art. And not a JPG or GIF

Stop bragging!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Or does mine just defy the rules?

Yep... And I fail to see why it is art...
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

The size limit is 64 by 64 pixels. Edit it, or if you want to keep it, and don't have an image editor, email it to me, and I'll resample it down to 64 by 64, then post it for you and send you back the file.

edit - yours is 195 by 150, and affects the page layout, so I'm removing it temporarily until you get one in there that's less than 64 by 64, or send it to me to fix for you.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Michael, do you know where I could get a good, free GIF-editor?

Comment

Zopper - I don't, simply because I'm so used to my good, expensive one - Photoshop.

I'm sure someone here does, and maybe google will have links to about a billion of them, but I have no idea what all is out there, or how good they are.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

OK...I have Photoshop, but I don't know how to resize a GIF-animation in Photoshop, is that possible?
              Oh, BTW, I've just downloaded a trial of JASC's Animation Shop, I think it will do the trick...

Comment

Another prime spam opportunity

MTG, I don't think you should identify the Cool Hand Luke quote. If you're not assigning the Star Trek quote, let the philistines figure out the 'Cool' one.

Waaaaaaaah. I still don't have my own Avatar.

I can eat 50 eggs!
                Here's a link.

Comment

MTG, what can I use to trim it down to size?

Comment

MBloom - it's a matter of generations. Lots of these young whippersnappers have never seen Cool Hand Luke. The Borg quote is much more recent.

Saddam - you have to resample it, not crop it, otherwise, you'll just lose part of the image. If you don't have a program for that, send it to me, and I can fix it up and send it back to you in a few minutes.

Zopper - Photoshop (at least 5.5) doesn't support animated gifs as animations, as far as I know.

Comment

Zopper,

I heard that Ulead's GIF Animator is good, however I haven't used it before. Maybe they have a demo you can try?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Photoshop (at least 5.5) doesn't support animated gifs as animations

But Photoshop comes with ImageReady which is great for optimizing and animating images. I made my avatar in ImageReady.
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

I have it, and didn't know...

Cool - I never bothered with ImageReady, since I just do large scale photos and painting textures into converted vector drawings.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            Zopper,

I heard that Ulead's GIF Animator is good, however I haven't used it before. Maybe they have a demo you can try?
                            Well, the Animation Shop from JASC will do as well, but I'll give this one a try too...thanks

Comment

Hueij,

Hm..., maybe I should give ImageReady a try. It's just gathering positive ions sitting on the HDD right now
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X