Custom Avatars: 500 Posts Or 1 Year Since Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, nice. Thanks!

Just don't let anyone convince you to allow images in signatures. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
      I have disabled avatars altogether. Its just more load time and it really disturbs from reading.
      And who's problem is it then...
      Not mine at least since I use "Light style", but if one wishes to see avatar's I have now my own avatar for him/her.

P.S. This "Light style" seems to work faster with this 33,6 modem than my cable. Wonder why?

Comment

Yes, Light style is a great kicker for speed. BTW, this is the first time at Apolyton that post count is really important - you must have x (500 here) posts to be able to do something. Post counts have always only been accociated with titles, making no real difference between people.
        Even though most of our posters have either 1 year here or 5 posts.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Looks like I may have the first Civ III avatar.
          It's the Panzer Unit.

I was gonna use a modern Civ III ship but I can't find the image anymore.

Comment

Yahoo! Great job!

*test avatar & sig*
            The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              Even though most of our posters have either 1 year here or 5 posts.
              Well no, not everybody.

I'm working on it, but I can't seem to get the hang of senseless spamming. Perhaps I should go to AH for help.
              Here's a link.

Comment

Seems I was not the first with a Civ III avatar.
                Someone got to it two days before me.
                Guess I'm the second one.

Although he changed his avatar two days after I set up mine.

Comment

You MUST revert your modifyoptions template

When I try to set my options (Avatar, time zone etc.) my browser open a page with this sentence:

ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your modifyoptions template.

What means?
                  What I must do to set my options?

-V

PS
                  I would like to have the AVATAR in the attachment
                  Attached Files
                  Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
                  In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
                  Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

I wonder if custom avatar is now set according to the rules in the FAQ or according to the rules on top of the thread.

I want to use my really offensive custom avatar. But I cannot upload it.

Here it is. I really want to use it.
                    Attached Files
                    You really want to take me seriously?
                    Think twice!

Comment

Chow-

I think that image is too large horizontally. You will have to shrink it.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanks tniem for the suggestion. I will shrink the gif.

My main problem is that the custom avatar option is not available at my control panel.

Mark must have a custom script that allows 1-year old user (pika pika) to have the avatar while the original vBulletin script does not.

After forum upgrades to v2.03, the custom script stops working.

It's not too difficult to have 500 posts after Civ 3 released. So the matter is not very important.
                        You really want to take me seriously?
                        Think twice!

Comment

The option is available in my control panel. It should be below the pictures of the standard avatars that are available to everybody.

Comment

Yes, no hacks allowed in an update.

I think Mark took some code from the title area and copied it to the avatar area (it is possible to set time for titles). He has made it before, he can make it again.
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

WOWEEEE!

that means..someday..someday i really will get to have my own avatar!! am i psycho for actually getting excited over this??? perhaps.....
                              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

I have been here for over a year now (reg. date 18-09-2000), but the custom avatar option is nowhere to be found. Under the standard avatars ut just says: "If you have more than 500 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar."

I thought it was 500 posts or 1 year since reg.
                                We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X