This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction: 1000 Post For Custom Avatars Will Increase Spam

The fact that you can only get a custom Avatar after 1000 posts is an open invitation for spamming in the On-Topic forums. I have a great picture I would love to use as an Avatar, but the post limit has me about 6 months away from using it. I'm not disagreeing with the decision. Ok, I am. But I'm not going to start spamming to get there I'm just predicting other, less scrupulous, posters may.

BTW, I like the new BB system.
    Here's a link.

I won't spam...but I will post more on the On-Topic forums...damn...I was so close...I had 841 posts till the forum change...another month or so and I was over the line...but, oh well...nothing I can do about it now...I do like the new forum though...but I've always liked vBB

Comment

To be honest, this can be changed. Actually, I don't think this is a good rule. Myself only got 1000 post some 14 days ago.
      And I see many complaining about the OT posts not counting towards the limit.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

damn...I was so close...I had 841 posts till the forum change
        I can understand you, I´m in the same situation I admit that I post now more in Civ3 section, not really spam, but also not very serious posts. I mean you see a lot of posts now that are related to the topic, but are very short (e.g. "I agree"), not to mention all these polls now. I doubt that this is better than the situation before.
        And I noticed that most of the people who say they don´t care about their post count are already King or higher, so they have their unique avatars. I don´t care about being Emperor or Deity, but I´d like to have my own avatar...
        Blah

Comment

I think spam will be reduced overall though because once you have your custom avatar you probably dont really give a crap whether you have king, emperor or diety by your name so there is less motivation to spam. The way it was before meant that the title was all the spammers had to strive for.
          So although the spam may increase in the on-topic forums, I think it will be balanced out by the decrease in spam from the old-timers.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

But for new posters it is now much harder to reach 1000 posts, because it is always easier to discuss the variety of topics in the OT area, often with very controversial content, than discuss only civ related topics - you are soon at the point where you recycle topics, especially now, where Civ3 isn´t out and all we do is speculating...
            Blah

Comment

Just a moment

You guys are forgetting something. If you spam the On-Topic forums, you are subject to a post count reduction, so in the end it becomes self defeating. Of course, I still think the requirement is to high, but it's just my opinion.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Got any opionion on how your Slackers are getting their butts kicked?
                Life and death is a grave matter;
                all things pass quickly away.
                Each of you must be completely alert;
                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Stay on-topic!

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                  Got any opionion on how your Slackers are getting their butts kicked?
                  ^ I have the opinion that the private school kid is not using the spell-check. Quit thread-jacking, Sneaky, and yes, I saw that Jeter went 5 for 5 and Maddux got rained out.
                  I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

My fingers are like sausages. It wasn't a mispelling, it was a typo!

What was the topic again?
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Well, we could just move all the OT threads to the Community forum, then I could get to work on getting to 100. Let me practice.

Kewllll!!

Exactly

You idiot!

I agree!

I guess that's a good warm up for now. Although I suppose I should do each as a seperate thread to get full credit.
                      Here's a link.

Comment

My fingers are like sausages...
                        God knows what your d*ck is like then
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Pay attention hard knocks boy...

My fingers are like sausages. It wasn't a mispelling, it was a typo!
                          I'm not going there. Besides, I think you got Provost all worked up. *Bad Lion!*

What was the topic again?
                          Bloomy is p!ssed he can't get his own avatar without spamming like a mad man (Like us. )

Comment

So...how about some of those guys "who don't give a damn about their post count" donate us some posts then?

Comment

I´ll nominate you for the "Civer Of The Year" award for this suggestion
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X