Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please uncheck the e-mail notification box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please uncheck the e-mail notification box...

when you post or start a new thread. It is too easy to forget to uncheck it and I doubt that many here want their e-mail accounts full of the spam. Default should be with that box UNCHECKED.

Never mind. I found the control panel and unchecked it myself.

Comment

I have unchecked this box and am still getting emails!
      What is going on?
      Please make it stop!
      Life and death is a grave matter;
      all things pass quickly away.
      Each of you must be completely alert;
      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

No problem here

I don't seem to have that problems guys. Of course I went to the control panal right away and set my prefrences like a good poster should.

Be sure and check to see when you post in a thread and post a new thread that the boxes aren't checked. It might prove useful.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Changing the setting to no longer receive emails does not affect threads where you had already set that option. So you will still receive email notifications for old threads.

Comment

But I just noticed that you can unsubscribe from threads in your control panel. Go to the control panel and click on "view all subscribed threads" to get a list of all your subscribed threads. You can now click un unsubscribe below the thread title and you should no longer be receiving emails.

Comment

Hey nice one Paul, I never noticed that
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The default should definitley be set on NO.

I had 40- 50 messages when I went to see my e-mail, and I am glad that I read this thread here, since it can happen that I dont check e-mail for a couple of days, and by the rate you all post here it could be a few hundreds of e-mails in my mailbox... that is surely something unecessary...
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                  I have unchecked this box and am still getting emails!
                  What is going on?
                  Please make it stop!
                  That is from the old ones, that you might have originally checked the box. Unsubscribe is located in the Control Panel.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I learnt this lesson the hard way....

Nevermind.
                    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Well, I haven't checked today, but I had unsubscribed and checked "no" on the default setting before, and still got emails. I'll check my mail after a couple of posts, but maybe I've missed something?
                      I think this is a pretty annoying feature and should be kept in a cage under armed guard, not some kind of "built in" that you have to go through 18 steps to fix.
                      I can see using it in rare situations...but that's it.

Comment

You may have to go back to your posts entered under the prior setting and uncheck a box on each of them.
                        Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; May 24, 2001, 16:03.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Like I said, you can unsubscribe in the control panel. I did this for the one thread I was subscribed to and I didn't receive an email when a new post was made to that thread, so it should work for you as well.

Comment

Ok...seems to be working now. I finally followed an email link and cleared it up.
                            I get so much spam to that account...it could have been disasterous.
                            Thanks for the advice, all.
                            Except you, Lefty.

Comment

Working...
                            X