about the Avatars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Sad

I'm very sorry I gave you (and possibly others) the wrong impression UR, I never ment to say that *all* OTers are spammers, but there are certainly many people on OT who are (why else are there be 3(!) Moderators, next to Markos and Dan?). I may not post often, but I too enjoy visiting the OT when I have the time and read some of the more interesting discussions. I know very well that there are many Kings and Emperors there who truly deserve their title, but I also remember how FE Djugashvili managed to get his King title in something like a week time when he first got here. If that ain't spamming, I don't know what is...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Why not change the count number

Granted, you want people to have a certain number of posts to have a custom avatar. But isn't 1,000+ kind of high for just the game players? Wouldn't 700 or 500, even 300 be a little more obtainable for the average civ/smac player to aquire? Some people have been here for years and don't have the 1,000 posts needed. It just a thought, but couldn't you lesson the curve just a bit, Mark/Dan?
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I agree that not everybody should have the custom avatars, but wouldn't 100 or even 300 be a little better? I mean most people could reach 300 in six moths time. This would prevent every person who comes and registers just to see what the site is like from getting them, I would vote for setting the limit at somewhere between 100 and 300. Not that anyone will listen to this, but since I do consider myself to be a part of this community I want my voice to at least be heard!
        DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
        EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
        AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

GOOD!

Great idea, MarkG. The time-spent-here is a very good way to allow for people who don't post too often, but have been around for awhile, to get custom avatars.

(otherwise, I'd have to wait at least 2 months, by my reckoning )

Salutations,
          Exile
          Lost in America.
          "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
          "or a very good liar." --Stefu
          "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

People who's last names begin with the letters A-M will have avatars on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and half of Sunday.
            Those whose last names begin with the letters N-Z will get avatars on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and the other half of Sunday.

Simple.
            Life and death is a grave matter;
            all things pass quickly away.
            Each of you must be completely alert;
            never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I don't think so...

Originally posted by SuperSneak
              People who's last names begin with the letters A-M will have avatars on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and half of Sunday.
              Those whose last names begin with the letters N-Z will get avatars on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and the other half of Sunday.

Simple.
              That's about as simple as the instructions on how to do your taxes.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Having custom avatars after being a member for a certain length of time is a good idea, as there are some of us that aren't, shall we say, as prolific in posting as others. Last time I checked I think I only averaged 1 post every 5 days. Do the math. There is no way I am going to get near 1,000 posts! I don't think I've been registered long enough to avail of the other option if it is implemented (a year sounds like a fair anmount of time for it). But at least it's attainable to all, and some day I can look forward to the vanity of having my own customized avatar!
                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

what is the requirement now?

This last guy has 58 posts, and registered in Oct 2000, yet he has an avatar. How do I get one?
                  ...Liberty and Justice for All

Comment

Re: what is the requirement now?

Originally posted by BorderPatrol
                    This last guy has 58 posts, and registered in Oct 2000, yet he has an avatar. How do I get one?
                    At the top of the page, there's a series of links -

control panel | register | calendar | members | search | faq | new posts

Click on the one titled "control panel" and on the next page, there's another line on links in boxes -

My vB Home, Edit Profile, Edit Options, Change Password, Edit Buddy List, Edit Ignore List, Private Messaging

Click on the one titled "Edit Options"

At the bottom, there will be a button labeled "Change Avatar"

The rest should be obvious.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Custom Avatars?

Aren't the original ones enough for you greedy fiends!

I agree that 1,000 posts is a bit too much- how about 750... If you are a good apolyton poster with many ideas- you should be able to reach that level fairly quickly... I did.
                      (I've made around 1,000 posts on-topic in nearly a year)
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Isn't the rule 500?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

bah!

my sig says it all
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

got it, thanks, Qilue!

I made my avatar a fanatic since I consider CivFanatics my home. But I like this site too.
                            ...Liberty and Justice for All

Comment

Nobody's going to answer me? Is the rule 500 for a custom avatar or is it 1000? It's just that I'm almost at 400 already...and now I'm one closer.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X