about the Avatars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the Avatars...

why do we have to have 1000 posts to custom our owon avatar??

I´m being in Apolyton for a year now and I would like to custom my onw one, and I don´t like the one availables
    I don´t understand the point of that rule
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

i'll try to see if it is possible to add a "how long you're registered" rule for custom avatars.....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yeah, that would be nice. Some of us are actually too busy making mods & scenarios to post on the forums every day, kind of odd that we can't have custom avatars while OT spammers can...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

A bunch of crybabies the lot of you!

Comment

My vote also for this.
          I'm not a regular poster, but visit here almost daily.

Comment

LURKER !!!

Comment

Tears of a Clown

Originally posted by Gary
              LURKER !!!
              Which you've Never been, eh, Gary?
              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
                LURKER !!!
                LOL
                I prefer posting only when I have something (in)sane to say.

If only I could redirect responses to OT, like in news-systems
                Last edited by Jeje2; May 23, 2001, 09:13.

Comment

I agree that there should be some other criterion, like the one Markos suggested. But it doesn't really matter for me, I'm just over the 1000-post mark.

Comment

OTers Unite

We of the OT are already considered second class posters as it is. Now that OT posts don't count you should have ample of time to catch up with some of them. But since I am a regular on the AC forums, I will not have to worry about that.

Today I choose to have this avatar. Tomorrow it will be custom.

Seriously, I think it should be determined by registration date.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Stop the Madness!

If you turn around and change the criteria for avatars to a registration date now, some people will suddenly have theirs taken away!
                      That isn't going to create a bunch of whining, is it?
                      Just give everyone the damn things.
                      You've already assured that titles will be special....your'e more likely to piss people off by taking away something you've already given them...better to give the pics to everyone...
                      Life and death is a grave matter;
                      all things pass quickly away.
                      Each of you must be completely alert;
                      never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

No...I think it should be undetermined and everyone should be free to have his/her own avatar...

BTW: Are GIF animations allowed as avatars?

Comment

After careful thinking and soul searching. I have come to the conclusion that everyone should indeed be allowed to have their own avatar.

except for settlers. I mean come on thier newbies.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sad

Originally posted by Locutus
                            Yeah, that would be nice. Some of us are actually too busy making mods & scenarios to post on the forums every day, kind of odd that we can't have custom avatars while OT spammers can...
                            This is totally uncalled for. Just because somebody posts in the Off Topic Forum it doesn't make that person automatically a spammer.

Some <em>Civ</em> players like to make mods or scenarioes, other just want to play. Go ahead and insult your fellow players.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Stop the Madness!

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                              If you turn around and change the criteria for avatars to a registration date now, some people will suddenly have theirs taken away!
                              That isn't going to create a bunch of whining, is it?
                              the idea is to create an additional way to geting the custom avatar, not to replace the existing one....
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X