Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are OTers now second-class citizens?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are OTers now second-class citizens?

?
    Because some people would rather "hang out" and talk to their friends instead of waxing rhaposodic about a five year old game.
    13.33%
    Because some people have decided that mere chatter is a mortal sin and should be eliminated.
    13.33%
    Because God forbid that we should use the Internet to just "talk."
    33.33%
    You should all be silenced!
    40.00%

I Am Not Happy

JohnT, et al.:

I won't participate in the poll, as I think it would just upset the administrators and moderators. That doesn't change my position, however, that everyone in the OTF is being nailed to the cross for the actions of a few.

I have a CivII game up right now. Maybe I should quit out of it every time I go to the OTF. I mean, we're not really Civers anymore are we? We're just second-class hangers-on. Since we're not worthy of all the privileges that go to other Apolyton members, I think I'll just drop the site from my "must get" daily fix and pull the game off my hard drive.

Yes, I'm furious. They wanna nail the offenders, fine! They've got my support. But not when *everyone* is hit over the head with the 2x4 meant for the few offenders.

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I voted. I chose the one that said...god forbid ,blah blah blah.

But I did it just for fun. This is not something that should be taken seriously.

I am just gonna have fun with it as I always try to do with things on gamesites on the net.

Post count , schmost count. :P~~~~~~~

Comment

No. Don't take the post count. I don't think I can live if I don't make emperor in the next month. I just can't take in anymore.

I really don't care. I came here for SMAC. I still go to the SMAC forums. So I don't see a really big deal. I have read comments in the other forums about the OT though. They aren't good for the most part. When you mention that you visit the OT some of them treat you like you are a leper. they say things like "Oh that must be why his post count is so high" and "Look at me I'm only a warlord". It really wounds me I tell you.
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Moved to the Apolyton Forums... where it belongs!
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There are other forums?

Wraith
            I am the Imp of the Perverse - Knowing this won't help you, either.

Comment

I Came to Apolyton for Civ II ...

Originally posted by Sprayber
              I really don't care. I came here for SMAC. I still go to the SMAC forums. So I don't see a really big deal.
              ... but I also frequent the OTF because despite some spammers, it is a good fount for discussion. I especially like it when articles/links are posted for discussion. I also like current events topic posts.

I have read comments in the other forums about the OT though. They aren't good for the most part. When you mention that you visit the OT some of them treat you like you are a leper. they say things like "Oh that must be why his post count is so high" and "Look at me I'm only a warlord". It really wounds me I tell you.
              That's their problem then. I guess I've always treated folks as if they're my next door neighbor or family (at least when first encountering them). Perhaps it's just easier to let the old stereotyping take hold (like some of them do to those who post in OTF) and treat them like second-class citizens.

Oh, but that's the easy route out. Sorry, no can do. I'm in for the long haul and the road less traveled.

CYBERAmazon
              "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

would b emuch simpler if the admins totlay removed all refernce to post counts and post count titles....

please do this immediatly
                GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

continue here please....

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X