This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the post-count???

Any post I make on OT isn't counted in my post count, while my posts on Community are counted...are you working on this?

I just want to know what the point of the ratings is?

Do they move a thread to the top o' the list or what??
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Zopper, by design. OT posts don't count to your Post Count Total from now on. Decided by MarkG.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think it sucks. Why have a post count if all the posts aren't counted? All this does is make OTers second class citizens - sorry if I don't feel like talking about computer games lately, frankly I have a life that is too busy to play games the way many of y'all do.

Comment

It's Called Collective Punishment

Zopper, et al.:

You see, this is the latest attempt to control spam in the OTF. Never mind the fact that it collectively nails the rest of the OTF contributors to the cross for the sins of the spammers.

I've been at Apolyton for over a year and this is truly the *first* numbskull decision I've seen made by an administrator. I've added to a post in the Apolyton Community forum expressing my disagreement with the policy *and* suggesting that Apolyton simply do away with post counts and non-administrative titles altogether. That way all of Apolyton gets to play with the same ball that's been thrown in OTF's court.

Bet it won't happen, though. Post counts and titles are prized, unless you happen to contribute to the OTF, in which case you can go to hell, I guess.

CYBERAmazon
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

If posts count doe not go up in OT then it should not be able to go down in OT either, let's all go for the spam fest...

Titan.

Comment

I say let's lose the post count entirely.

I could really give a rat's anus about my post count. I tend to write longer (rambling perhaps) posts, and not all that many compared to how many I read. If people are really spamming to get their title raised then post counts should definitely be discontinued. What purpose does it serve anyway?

If any area should be selectively denied the post count it should be the multiplaying threads which mostly consist of administrative messages like:

MY 2201 sent to Reindeer.

Not to mention the fact that very few will ever read this stuff.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I Agree, Sikander

... but it will never happen, IMHO. You see, titles and post-counts are prized — it's just not "fashionable" to admit it.

CYBERAmazon
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Thread Moved from the OTF to the Apolyton Forum... where it belongs.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Time Served

A better solution is to give the titles according to the amount of time registered here. That is the only way to be completely fair about the whole thing. That would solve everyone's problem here. Spammers wouldn't be rewarded but those that choose to stay registered here would. It would certainly be better than a group of posters feel that they were singled out.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

One of the admins might respond, "Apolyton is foremost a gaming forum..."

The thing is though it has evolved to more than just a gaming forum. It seems that many users don't even post in one of the on topic forums, so steps should be taken to not alienate them.

I am sure some of them don't give a rat's arse about post counts, however some do, and I don't see why they should take a back seat to the people who post in the on topic forums.

So the solution is either get rid of the non-special titles together, or all posts should be counted.

Just my 0.03 yuan.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Another solution is to get rid of OT all together, and return this forums to Game based forums !!!!!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

we have a thread about this
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                          X