Cool little pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool little pictures?

Ok, how do I get one of the "Avatars" to appear under my username? I already looked at the FAQ and saw the whole lot of 'em. But there aren't any instructions on how to make them work.

Or did I miss something?

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Um, never mind.

Exile
    Lost in America.

Comment

"control panel" -> "edit options"
      bottom of page
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I've also noticed that Snapcase has a custom pic instead of one of the available Civ2 avatars. Is that a feature for the staff, or can everybody put a custom pic there?

Just curious, I'm pretty happy with the one I already have.
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Anyone can do it... just look on the choose Avatar page... all the way at the bottom.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's Max!

Just upload it on the bottom of the page, but make sure you tick the Custom Avatar option, or it doesn't work...
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Nope, I can only seem to choose one of the 99 civ2-themed avatars...

Edit: Oh, I see, I need to have at least 1000 posts to use a custom avatar...
              Last edited by Fiera; May 21, 2001, 20:55.
              "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

You have to have 1000 posts for an avatar? That sucks, I had almost 3000 with my old logon. Come on, I'm a scenario maker, can't I get some special treatment here and add one of my nifty Hungarian Warriors that I've drawn?

Comment

Hey, Magyar, I have a question; if I were putting together a scenario in which the Hungarians featured prominently, running from around 1500-1650, what name should I use for the leader of Hungary?

This should be in the Scenario League forum, but as long as you're here . . .

Exile
                  Lost in America.

Comment

Good question! Are the Hungarians a separate civ, beause the Hungarians were defeated/conquered by the Turks in 1526. I'll give you a description of prominent Hungarian leaders from 1500-1650.

Louis II was the King of Hungary that died during the battle of Mohács. After the battle, the Turkish Sultan gave the Hungarian throne to John Szapolyia, who died in 1540. The Turks then moved into Buda and directly annexed central Hungary, leaving the western and northern lands to the Royal Hungarians who submitted to the Hapsburgs. From this point on until the 'liberation' of Buda in 1686, these realms were in a constant state of total war. When the Turks took Buda, Szapolyia' son, John Sigismund, move to Trasylvania and set up his independent principality there. I consider the principality of Transylvania to be the Hungary of the 1500s and 1600s, since the Turks annexed the central part, the Hapsburgs dominated Royal Hungary. Anyway, István Báthory became the next ruler of Transylvania, and he was also elected King of Poland! I'm not sure how that happened, but I think he's probably the guy you should choose for the leader. He won some significant victories against the Russians. I've heard the Polish claim that they invented the "Hussars" because of this guy .

Anywho, it should be one of those 4:
                    Louis II
                    John Szapolyia
                    John Sigismund
                    István Báthory

Your choice, since I don't know the atmosphere of the scenario.

Getting back on topic...

Comment

Working...
                    X