(Ceci n'est pas) Snapcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Ceci n'est pas) Snapcase

I very carefully tried not to call Snapcase Snapcase, as until recently, he was specifically NOT Snapcase. Now he becomes News Editor, and he is Snapcase. I'm confused
    Why the complete reversal of name? Why Not Snapcase in the first place?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Why don't you ask him?
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Dunno, I suppose that would make sense.
      Someone delete this thread...
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It's a reference to the Magritte painting which had "This is not a pipe" (in French...) under a picture of what was obviously a pipe.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

No, it is not a pipe, it is a picture of a pipe. It's all very surreal.

I changed my name to purely Snapcase because I've now become news editor and as soon as everything is set up I expect to be recieving quite a substantial amount of PMs. People not knowing what my name was from one day to the next would not help this, nor would the fact that all PMs sent to the old name don't arrive at the new name. So I decided to (with pain in my heart, I tell you) to drop my constant name changes and go back to The Call of Snapcase, which it wouldn't let me, so I decided just to go down to Snapcase.

I will not change my name any more, at least while I'm still news editor.
          Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
          Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Praise the Lord!!

Comment

Why not go back to Hugo Rune?
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

I never felt comfortable with that name. Sorry. I'm sure you've heard the story a million times, but I can tell it to you again if you like. One day on the SMAC forums I decided I'd had enough of tOFfGI, a very childish/l33tish name, and and reregistered as the name of the character I thought I most resembled in literature, Cornelius Murphy from The Ultimate Book of Truths by Robert Rankin. Everyone hated it. Still don't understand why. A few hours later I changed again, just picking another name from that book. If you read the book, you will realise that Hugo Rune the literary character is everything I'm not. But I stuck with it, until I had the chance to change again (Name Change feature implemented on Apolyton nearly a year ago now), by which time I was so fed up with Runies and Runish that I decided to switch to the more obscure Snapcase.

I now use it everywhere.

Comment

Oh, Hugo Rune was you! (I would say "That explains a lot!", but it doesn't really) Were you every version of Snapcase too? I'm sure I saw more than one making posts at a time...

Comment

Nope, all me, all me.

Comment

R U Enur?

Comment

No, I'm not Enur. Rune is Enur.

(different poster)

Comment

Ahhhh.... memories... all the names from the old days
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, God damn Snapcase confusing everyone .

I still lapse into saying Hugo from time to time... but correct myself before I hit Submit Reply... well except here .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hello Johan (for extra confusion). Are you back in York yet?

I didn't find it a problem to keep track of his names, initially Hugo Rune (as far back as I can remember although I may have seen him as Toffgi at owo, although I don't recall) and anything with 'Snapcase' in it.
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X