Why so many closed threads on OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many closed threads on OT

I have noticed a lot of threads getting closed on the OT and many seem to be ok and I was wondering why they are getting closed.
    I know some are closed for obvious reasons Spam , flaming and bad taste but some are quite humourous and ok but still get closed.
    I might just be getting to old for this stuff.

------------------
    Slip into the cinema
    Give yourselp a treat
    You better take your raincoat
    We'll be sneaky on the seats
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

It will probably be easier to get an answer to your question if you specify which closures you are questioning. Which threads were closed that you think shouldn't have been?

John-SJ

Comment

Well first of all... I usually just delete them, so they don't stand out.
      MtG leans towards closing them.

Some of the threads that are closed look very innocent all by themselves.
      Unfortunately, you have to take a look at the bigger picture to understand why specific threads may have been closed. Since you don't mention specifics, I really can't answer... but I will assume they came after people had been warned against "certain behavior"...

It feels soooooooo good to back from holiday. From looking at the OTF, it seems I missed some of the fun

------------------
      Ming
      ACS Civ II & OT Forum Moderator
      Ming@Apolyton.net
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hydey - if you (or anyone) has a question about a thread closure I make, just ask me about the thread in question. More likely than not, it's because I've told someone to chill out, and they haven't. If there was anything legit in the thread, and people want to continue the thread without the spamfest, they are free to continue in another thread, or ask me to reopen it, which is one reason I don't delete them all.

I did delete some blatant ones too, but if there's a real thread that got spammed out, or if there's some warning or something I want people to pay attention to, I'll close it and let it drop.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I had no question of specific threads I just noticed alot of locked threads on the OT thats all . My question has been answered
          Ming tends to delete threads and MTG closes them so now we can expect to see more closed threads.

Thankyou for clearing that up

------------------
          Slip into the cinema
          Give yourselp a treat
          You better take your raincoat
          We'll be sneaky on the seats
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

MtG on the warpath . I quite like it actually. The closed threads as opposed to deletions shows something greater, IMO.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
            X