Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help networking two PC's on same phone line and two modems.. can anyone please help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help networking two PC's on same phone line and two modems.. can anyone please help?

I have a computer upstairs connected to phoneline, it is running Win98. I also have comp downstairs connected to same phoneline, running Win 2000. Serial cable and network cards are out of the question.
    Does anyone know how to network them with the modems and phoneline?

Please can anyone help me?

I would post on Off Topic but I have to wait 5 hours :-(

Well, I don't know if you can really "network" them so that the computers think that it is a LAN, but I have seen my brother faking a modem connection between two computers (well, not really faking... it was a real phone connection, it just didn't go through the normal lines) , but he had to utilize a weird type of modem cable there. If you find the proper cables from your house, you can, of course, find a program that fakes a null-modem cable between the two computers.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
    X