No announcement yet.

Server Upgrade: SPEED COMMENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pages load faster. But Smiley faces, Ads, Pictures dont load! They just appear as empty boxs with a brush or x in them. Everyone of the Apolytons links are broken, every one leads to a "DNS Error".

Comment

The thread loading time is faster. And the sending post time is MUCH faster!
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I've got cable. The speed used to fluctuate wildly - from as low as 500 bytes/sec up to 35K/sec, which was still well short of what it should have been. Now, when it's working - which is via the www.apolyton.net address - it's consistently in the upper range of what it used to be.

------------------
        Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
        Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
        Horse and Hydey Wrangler
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

To be honest it seems to have gotten back to the way it was. I mean when I first came here, it was alright but the last few months it had been getting slower.

Now I can get back to SMAC.
          <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 02, 2001).]</font>
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Post form is quicker to appear. Generally speaking it seems faster, but I must underline lot of apolytoners seems lost on the old dead .net link, hence the empty, fast server

Edited: Searching forum is a rocket now! Wow!
            ------------------
            Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Adm.Naismith (edited April 03, 2001).]</font>
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

It is faster without a doubt.

------------------
              All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

slower for me, I have a cable modem. Apolyton has always been pretty fast recently. It was only last year I had problems at time when I couldn't load the forum pages. For me it is slower, but only slightly. This could be because my cookie problem. I deleted the old apolyton ones, but I still can't get the red folders back.

Comment

Speed is much faster. I wanted to wait a bit. Going on at all times to get a gauge. Must better.. bravo!
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I would definitely say faster, but is this related to the absence of many posters??

------------------
                    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                    "The Great Library must be built!"
                    "A short cut has to be challenging,
                    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                    - Paul Craven
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

VERY S-L-O-W!!

I have an Athlon 700 256 RAM..Cable..I can connect to any other site REAL QUICKLY..but this site is horrendously slow..since this weekend....I have cleaned out temporary internet files..defragmented..all sites open up great EXCEPT this site..

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
                      Revelation 3:20
                      Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

A little bit slower.
                        I have a cable connection and the change is noticable, so this must mean something.

LoD
                        I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
                        LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
                        civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

If it's slow, perform a traceroute to determine exactly where the slowdown is. If you find it at any point with "worldchat", then email tonyb@worldchat.com about your concerns (his name is Tony Bolger, and he's GameStats' Director of Technology).

By far and large though, the word that is coming in is that speed has improved and that is what I, personally, am noticing as well. As well with the speed, make note of the day and time and, if certain days/times are consistently slow for you, try another if you can.

----------------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                          X