Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Upgrade: SPEED COMMENTS

please report if you see any speed changes in the use of the forums

I see a change, the speed is higher now.

Definitly better now.

------------------
    "But as time goes on, they, as all men, will find that independence was not made for man - that it is an unnatural state - will do for a while, but will not carry us on safely to the end..." Aldous Huxley in "Brave New World"
    "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
    -Douglas Adams

Comment

It does "seem" quicker... but I have DSL, and it was always very fast
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The same as Ming, but as I said before, the data flows in in leaps and bounces...
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

No difference on fast connection. Will let you know on modem connection later.

Comment

Mine is simple 33K modem connection.

------------------
            "But as time goes on, they, as all men, will find that independence was not made for man - that it is an unnatural state - will do for a while, but will not carry us on safely to the end..." Aldous Huxley in "Brave New World"
            "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
            -Douglas Adams

Comment

I have an Athlon 700..256 RAAAM..Cable connection..been fast for awhile..seems a little faster..but then its been HOURS since last I posted?..

LOL

J/K..

Keep up great work folks

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
              Revelation 3:20
              Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I have a modem connection and it is faster
                ---------
                SG(2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Individual forum pages load as fast or faster, but the forums summuray page loads and with a "done, but errors on the page" on the IE task bar at the bottom. Posting and edit posting are faster.

I have ADSL

To GP below: Indeed I am, except LARGE rather than little.
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited April 01, 2001).]</font>
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

You're a rich little Masonic Illuminati aren't you!

Comment

well, increase in speed in thread loading is probably coming from the fact that the ugo ads are not shown in threads(now, this is a totally free site, right? )

it i more likely that we will see a more reliable server, being able to carry more "weight"(=not so often archivals and deletions)

the BIG speed increase will come from another upgrade....

Comment

Yes, it does seem to be a bit quicker on a 56k modem.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

About the same, Unknown PCMCIA modem.

Comment

loading threads is way faster now!! good!

loading the post reply page is still a bit slow, but I think I can cope

Comment

forums main page is working fine now
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X