Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Upgrade: CAN YOU SEE APOLYTON.NET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally managed to get in after out of curiosity, i typed the "www" in front.

It was ommited because all links that i have, all shortcuts and bookmarks ommit it.

Comment

The posts in the threads are shown quicker than normal - real fine.

But it takes ages ........ before the whole page has finished - or the page simple stopped when loading an element (Apolyton_cs-logo_2.gif)

And I have problems with some - only some - threads. I can't reply on them (DNS-error).

TheBirdMan
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I was so unhappy, I could not reach apolyton.com and thought that it had become blocked by the great Firewall of China. Then, just for grins, I tried it with the "www" and found my way back here! Hooray!
        Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

http://apolyton.net doesn't work for me.

Of course, that also means all the bookmarks I have on my computer for the different forums don't work either.

Comment

I thought the site was down - all my bookmarks are apolyton.net - eventually got in using www.apolyton.com - the internal links of course use www.apolyton.net

As has been said above apolyton.net gives a dns error

------------------
            Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
            "The Great Library must be built!"
            "A short cut has to be challenging,
            were it not so it would be 'the way'."
            - Paul Craven
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

works with the www. bit..

Also can't get into the CTPII files database thing, just won't go in at all. Added the www. to the front of the addresses but that doesn't work either.

Pingu:

Comment

No I can't.
                Two days ago, when I found that apolyton.net didn't work for me I thought that it was an ISP error. But when I tried to use "www" just to make a liitle fun and was surprised to see that it actually works, I though that it was Internet Explorer's fault (like always). So I started somehow browsing through the broken links (after ie told me each time that the line wasnt there, I added WWW each time to the beginning of the broken link) and saw the first announcment about the reorginizing of the site. It was fin, though, to see only 10 people in the forums.
                Let people hear what they want to hear

Comment

No, I still can't. When I sent the e-mail to you yesterday I had managed to gain access to Apolyton via the Civ Fanatic website. What I was complaining about was that though I had managed to gain access to the site I couldn't post replies to threads. Later that night I finally was able to post to some threads in the OT area. What I've done now is simply put the www.apolyton.net in "My Favorites".
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

My homepage was http://apolyton.net/forums, but now I get a redirect to http://www.apolyton.net/forums

------------------
                    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I am getting in with "www.apolyton.net" but not "apolyton.net".
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Still only getting in with the www prefix.

In the CivII strategy forum, when clicking on a topic, the page and text appear immediately but it takes forever for those extra icon items to be added (they are not using www), and I still can not edit or reply to any posts.

On the plus side, jumping around to various places on the website is quite a bit faster, so once the bugs are out my thanks for the improvement there.

Comment

I'm using the www....the normal address isn't working for me
                          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Without the www, I get a server not found error.

Comment

I was cut out because apolyton.net doesn't work anymore (it's still NOT working).

I found my way back via Google. www.apolyton.net and www.apolyton.com works fine.

I had problem posting a reply (now working), and sending Private Mail.

May I suggest a batch of mail, warning apolytoners of current active URL?

------------------
                              Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Update of sorts:

GS Tech. is working on the problem with the apolyton.net sans the "www" part.

----------------
                                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
                                X