Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Upgrade: CAN YOU SEE APOLYTON.NET?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, apolyton.net doesn't work. www.apolyton.net and www.apolyton.com work fine though
    We're back!
    http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Hopefully within the next couple of days everyone will be able to access apolyton.net and apolyton.com with our without the "www" in front of it.

The continued reports are appreciated and are being read!

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I have had a LOT of trouble getting in since the upgrade. One problem is old links don't seem to work and search engines such as Google are throwing up old links I couldn't get in through the link at Gamestats or the link at ACOL, and my history links don't work either.

I put a new link in my favorites, hope it works.

------------------
        CASE CLOSED!
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Alexander's Horse (edited April 01, 2001).]</font>

Comment

Ditto the problem with accessing apolyton.net (minus the www.). What's more, some of the threads seem to chase the www. prefixed address, some chase the plain apolyton.net address. The latter (chasing the plain apolyton.net address) never open. They just hang. Eventually, I hit the Stop button and I get a bastardised version of the thread, scrambled, and missing the icons.

------------------
          Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
          Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
          Horse and Hydey Wrangler
          Mono Rules!
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Dan the problem is Nobody can post in the CTP- Multiplying and everal other forums. Try to hit "Reply" and you will get a stupid DNS error

Comment

Yes, I couldn't reply to a thread that was pre-upgrade.

------------------
              CASE CLOSED!

Comment

works for me but takes a l o n g time.
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Like a whole bunch of others, I'm using www.apolyton.net now. I get the error without the 'www'

------------------
                  phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
                  Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

I'm also getting an error without the www.

Comment

It does not work for me.
                      One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

Comment

'Sup guys. For me, apolyton.net will not work. Just by chance I was visiting Alex's War Gallery and I clicked his link to Apolyton. Viola! It brought me to the announcement page. I just fooled around with my bookmarks an found that www.apolyton.com will get me here ok. I never used the .com before. Weird. I see that the address of this thread is www.apolyton.net. I never used the www there either before. I'm just glad I can get back to the forums.

Edit: Holy Crap! Do we have some sort of auto linking thing going on? As I made my post I didn't include a [url] set up, but it did it anyway... has it always done that, or is this one of the "cool" things Markos mentioned?

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Field Marshal Klesh (edited April 02, 2001).]</font>

Comment

I can't see it. I almost got a heart attack. seeing that all these other sites are biting the dust... anywho, I'm back boss.

Comment

I have been trying to get in all damn night. And how do I finally get in?????? A link through ACOL. Thanks to the thread at ACOL.

Anyway, I'm calm now. So whats supposed to be new? I thought the forums were going to be pink and hairy. Not that I'm not disappointed.

------------------
                            I ain't never crossed a man that didn't deserve it. Me be treated like a punk, you know that's unheard of

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 02, 2001).]</font>
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Klesh, the auto-linking has been working for so long now that I can't even remember when it was implemented. If your url starts with www or http:// it will automatically make a link out of it.

Comment

I have always used the full URL. No point in omiting the World Wide Web part, really.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X