The "curse"- Apolyton hates me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "curse"- Apolyton hates me.

I have no idea if this is going to work, or if I'll be able to read any replies to it, but I'll give it a shot. Here goes...

The "curse" of Apolyton has hit in a big way. The only way I can access threads is via the "history" option in Internet Explorer. This means on the OT I can only view or post to threads I visited prior to Tuesday.

I can't access the forums index at all, or the OT forum for that matter. Strangely, I do appear able to access this forum via "history" but it's the only one where this option works.

Like I said- I've no idea if this post will actually work. The situation is either caused by the "Curse" or the fact that I changed my username on Tuesday (always a recipe for risk). Having managed to access a thread where Ming has posted I've sent him a PM on the subject, but I can't access my PM's to check if there's any reply.

I'll sit tight and await news. If it can't be fixed then the number of threads available to me will decline and I'll just fade away....

Awaiting rescue bid.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Hmmm... never saw a PM...
    Instead of all this work, why don't you just try to email MarkG@apolyton.net or DanQ@apolyton.net

I don't have enough knowledge to help you with your problems. If anybody can, they can.

------------------
    Ming
    CivII Moderator & And soon to be ex-Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Who is this? Is this just one of MikeH's Dl's?

Comment

I had a similar problem in Netscape at the university, but it usually goes away after anything from 10 minutes to an hour. So it might not be the same thing. IE is notorious when it comes to managing cache badly, but I'd like to ask you this: are you behind a central proxy server or fire wall? I know that my uni's central cache is what causes my problems. If that's it, it should be automatically cleared occasionally...

A small tip in the meantime- If you use the url http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum23/HTML you can access all threads, in oredr of creation.

Comment

I believe it is Lazarus & the Gimp; I would never have thought he would have changed his handle. Although this sounds like a very weird problem.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hahahahaha!!!! "Handle of the month" - Hi "Bugs"

------------------
            CASE CLOSED!

Comment

I don't have any DLs!

Well I registered MikeH II when my login crashed the other day but that never worked and as soon as I could I posted about it in here somewhere.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes- it's Laz, and with my usual impeccable timing I did a username change at the same time the crash occurred. It looks like the fix hasn't worked because I still can only view a handful of threads in my "history", and I now can't post any new ones either.

Like I said, this forum hates me. I strongly suspect that this could result in me becoming a Settler for the 4th time. Even by the normal standards of "the curse" this is a seriously weird one.

Comment

I just had a "500 internal server error" trying to get to the OT topic page by return from posting and from my benchmark for the forums main page. I could still get there by going to the Apolyton main page and clicking on "forums" there.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Man...sucks to be you.

I am very offended at this gross misrepresentation of a great American cartoon figure.
                    I think you need to go back to making fun of the "alter abled".

Perhaps God has taken vengeance on you for you vile, hedonistic ways?

Just a thought.

------------------
                    Bring it!

"In the strong autumnal winds he rushed along ignoring the new dark knowledge he now half-understood--that to triumph was also to wreak havoc."
                    "The Town and The City"--Jack Kerouac

Chief Revealer of Personal Foibles
                    Life and death is a grave matter;
                    all things pass quickly away.
                    Each of you must be completely alert;
                    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

I think I've got a form of fix worked out. After each visit to Apolyton I have to clear my internet cache, delete all cookies, wipe my history and reboot my PC. Then I can re-enter the forums as long as I do so by typing the URL rather than using a bookmark.

I'm convinced it's the username, or the asterisks in it, that are causing the problem. If it persists I'll request a username deletion to nail it. All the other UBB boards I use are fine.

Sneak- I would have chosen "Betty Boop fist-****ing Mickey Mouse" but it was too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X