I think that there should be more threads in one page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that there should be more threads in one page

I remember that when number of posts in one page of thread was reduced to 40, threads in one front page were also reduced. However, many people only check the first page of threads when they come to forum, and considering how we live in different timezones, this may lead that some good discussion starts in Europe, but when it comes to America, it's already on second page and no-one notices it, since it's already buried under spam and other useless stuff. Therefore, I feel it would be prudent to fit more threads in one page. Now the limit is 35 threads, so how about 50?
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Brilliant idea, for exactly the reasons Stefu stated.

I guess I was the instigator for the reduction of posts per page to 40 (thanks admins ), so I'll certainly support this for the better of the forums.

Comment

Could anyone of you, only a single time, think of people with slow connections? I'm using 28K, I can hardly afford loading a 50 threads forum page!! how am I supposed to sp... to post in the forums if I can't even load them?

Comment

28K?

56K is slow enough!
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Ech: is your computer monitor in black and white too?!
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

ROFL.

His computer cant hande large pieces of information, this explains his posts.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Eli - actually you are the one who's making short spammy posts and sending silly brief ICQ messages... and you're only using a 33K modem either, so that reply doesn't make any sense at all... but then, it's fun for the weak to go with the crowd, isn't it?

Comment

So, Mark, Dan, how about it?
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

never mind.
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Eli (edited March 15, 2001).]</font>
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

More threads per page.
                    Good sugestion I vote in favor
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I'm for it as well.

All yee under 56K modem connecting at lower that 44K .... Eat my dust!

(Kidding)

Comment

I don't see any need to increase or decrease the current number of threads listed on each of the main pages of each forum.

----------------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Dan, the reason was pretty clearly stated by Stefu. I can see you disagreeing with him, but "not seeing any reason", that baffles me!

Comment

Bit more exact reason would indeed be good, Dan.

Comment

Of course, Stefu, if we changed the format from a thread table to a bra..

Comment

Working...
                              X