Browser Crashes: MarkG, Please Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser Crashes: MarkG, Please Fix

These are totally annoying! They have been happening for weeks now, most often when I enter a forum, but sometimes when leaving (back button) as well.

I recently upgraded to IE 5.5 hoping that would fix the problem, but it didn't.

This is the ONLY UBB forum that I frequent that EVER crashes my browser and it happens frequently. So far 4 times since I got home from work tonight. More than anything else, browser crashes make cruising on Apolyton an unpleasant experience.

John-SJ

i have no clue what it could be. i'm using mozilla on win2000 and i dont have crashes. when i used ie5.5 i didnt have crashes either. i dont think other people have similar problems. the fact that you only having this problem here could be because you visit much more often(?)
    perhaps you are opening too many windows or something like that?

Comment

Mark,

I don't think it's because I have too many windows open, more often than not it will happen while I have only a single window open shortly after entering the forum even before posting anything.

I suspect that since I don't see this problem on any other forum that the problem lies somewhere in the custom scripts that are used here. If I were debugging the problem I'd be asking myself, "What's defferent between this forum and the standard UBB forum?".

Also, wasn't there a major forum problem several weeks ago when the forums were off line for several hours? I don't recall this happening ever before that crash.

John-SJ

Comment

I don't know what is causing your problem, but I know that Windoze is <em>really</em> screwed up.

I was talking with a friend today, who was having problems with Wave Studio running on Windoze. He told me that he didn't have this problem before and it has just started a couple of weeks ago. He tried restoring from backup a few times, that didn't help. He tried reinstalling a few times, that didn't help. Today, out of sheer desperation, he tried restoring the system from backup once again. Lo, the program started working again.

No, I have no explanation for it whatsoever.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Mark, did you change something? I've been noticing for the past day (or two?) that when I hit the "Back" button on my browser that the page I go back to gets refreshed, or seems to anyway. Is taht your doing? If so, it also seems to have cured the crash problem I've been having.

John-SJ

Comment

the last html change was on the froum front page on friday....

Comment

Working...
            X