Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparisons to other web sites

Mingleanqopolous,

Do y'all ever check out other sites BBs to make changes for 'poly? I don't mean the tech stuff but things like having angel names like on Heaven Games. Do other sites check you all out? How do you think our virtual community and BB stack up to to others?

i personally dont have much time during my net hours to look beyond apolyton actually

tech changes(layouts, forum hacks) have come from a combination of watching ubb hacking sites, specific problems that needed to be solven and just the need to change something

no tech stuff, like perhaps our faq's, usually come from visitor suggestions

as for other sites checking us out, i've seen some times mentions of apolyton in "strange lands"...

Comment

Markos, there's some intersting stuff going on here. At least good laerning for a "real" commercial site...maybe more. Y'all should get your heads out of the HTML and think a little about the braoder aspects. This stuff is fascinating...

Comment

GP,

What are you talking about? Your message is, uhm, vague. I couldn't make heads and tails out of it.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Vague? It's totally incomprehensible.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

I think he's referring to that most unholy abomination on the World Wide Web, Java.
            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I've seen many forums, and I must say UBB powered ones are the best.

I've seen many forums, and I must say, the layout, colors and graphics of this one is the ABSOLUTE BEST.

Way to go, whoever is the graphics \ looks designer here. The fact that border-lines aren't black (see newsmax) but are in the same tone as the table cells makes this look much cooler and easuer on the eyes.

Thumbs up!

Comment

Sirotnikov, glad someone pointed out such a thing

GP, check this out http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...mode=nocomment

Comment

Is this another step on GPs crusade to get branched posting installed?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey Markos, you lot ought to teach 'em and write books on it and make stacks of dosh. Something like 'How To Make Friends and Ban People'
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

a better title would be "How to ban people without reason and have friends at the same time"

Comment

Working...
                      X