I DEMAND new smilies! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I DEMAND new smilies! :-)

I think we need a few more smilies... can't really think of any off the top of my head, but I know that I often can not express something with the limited options we have. I don't know. I just think a few more would be fun.

Anybody else want a few more? Any suggestions of what kind?
    Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

How about the following:

Somber, "no joke": :-|
    Slackjawed astonishment: 8^o
    Goofy (or drunk): 8^D

If you don't get it, the "8" is supposed to be wide opened eyes (think Dogbert), and the "^" is the nose (I wonder why the nose never really caught on in smilie making?)
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by JohnT (edited January 10, 2001).]</font>

Comment

How about several varieties of raised eyebrows?

Like the one raised eyebrow in response to something strange, or perhaps some pondering.

Or the more comical up and down eyebrows when making a suggestive comment.

Maybe one to show exhaustion. Another to show frustration, but not really anger. Maybe a yawning smilie to show disinterest...

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Thumbs up and thumbs down.

Not really smilies, but they are the only thing that fit on certain occasions.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Drooling-lust
          Arched eyebrows, eyes closed-haughty
          Eyes wide, mouth down to small dot-childlike wonder

------------------
          You wouldn't like it
          : You wouldn't like it here
          : There ain't no entertainment
          : And the judgments are severe
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

:troll: shows head of troll

------------------
            I'm Australia's nuclear cop
            I am the real Troll
            A.H. is a nice guy
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Comment

Don't we have enough? Now maybe if we had some smilies that had different hats for different locations.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Moved from the OTF to the Apolyton Forums... where it belongs

------------------
                  Ming
                  CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
                  Ming@Apolyton.net
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thank you Ming.
                    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sorry, Ming. Didn't realize I was posting in the wrong place.

Comment

I don't see the reason to do this at this time.

After all, we just reverted back to our regular smilies from our Christmas ones. {grin}

----------------
                        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Check out the horde of smilies eg: ninja, sniper, rocket laucher, Jesus, clown, and many more, at Civfanatics.
                          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~marshall/smileys.html

Comment

Wow, the creator of this had even more free time to waste than me.....

Comment

Working...
                              X