Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request for site hit info

DarkosQ,

I am interested in where your traffic is concentrated. Could you give some details of this. I'd be interested in the following:

-% of traffic on forums
    -% of traffic in OT
    -next most hit forum after the OT
    -use of the links section (are you satisfied?)
    -anything else along these lines.

Doesn't have to be exact or from any particular time period. Just want to know general info.

The real-time stats tracker that you see linked to from our homepage provides everyone with a lot of publicly accessible data.

Why are you interested in this information? As per our Links section, yes we are satisfied.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I am thinking of launching a take-over of Gamestats. (joke)

Actually I'm interested becuase

1. I spend a lot of time here and want to know about this place becuase of that

2. I'm interested in general connections between virtual communities and sites with non-virtual community content.

3. Want to see how much you all have thought about the site and patterns here.

Comment

I see. Well, in regards to your first question, you can have a look at the stats of our Hitbox counter to extrapolate an answer.

As for the other two, we don't really keep/have stats on that but a reasonable gauge to go by would be the number of threads and posts within those threads to arrive at an answer.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

What do you think of the usage patterns, Dan? Any satisfactions/dissatisfactions? Any parralels to commercial sites that would be intersting?

what about for advertising? Is it better to have more unique visitors or a bunch of chatters who spend hours on your forums?

Comment

I can't seem to find the tracker...
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

In response to the most recent questions from...

<U>GP</U>:

(re: usage patterns)
              Satisfied that this appears to be headed in the right direction: up and up and up.

(re: advertising question)
              Both are equally welcome.

<U>Shadowstrike</U>:

It doesn't appear like an actual stats tracker, but it's there. On our homepage (and all variations thereof), look where the "Headline Options" listing is -- it's immediately to the left. It's a square black image with a blue circle and an "orbiting" white line around it. All you have to do is click it.

----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

No one wants a Spanish inquisition GP
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

*dp*
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Provost Harrison (edited January 16, 2001).]</font>
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Thanx Dan!
                    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                    X