Erroneous Bannings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erroneous Bannings

The purgings of double logins have, unfortunately, inflicted some degree of "collateral damage". While my DLs have been cleaned up according to the rules, a couple of people have had there logins disabled on the incorrect assumption that they are me.

Please note : MikeH and Tear of the Komsomol Girl are not my logins. They both request to have those restated.

Mike H http://www.an.i-dentity.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/012406.html

Nadia http://www.an.i-dentity.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/012384.html

My apologies to both for the confusion that I appear to have caused.

I have lifted the restriction on MikeH. I wasn't the one that did that. I would assume MarkG did it. I am convinced that BtBM and MikeH are different people.

MarkG... let's discuss off line if you have a problem with me lifting this.

As far as Tear of the Komsomol Girl goes... MarkG made the determination that it was a DL when he was "reviewing" BtBM's restriction a while back. I'm sure it had to do with an IP match. I can't access ACOL right now... it seems to be down.

Since I really have no information to work with, I have to leave that restriction in place until more work can be done.

------------------
    Ming
    CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hurrah! Thanks Ming.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Ming,

I'd be surprised if there wasn't an IP match. I think she registered for Apolyton on either my or my wife's computer. She may even have posted from these machines as she is friendly with my wife and stayed with us for a while.

Comment

For what its worth, I saw (yesterday?) the thread over at ACOL bemoaning the collateral damage to Tear of the Komosol Girl, because she had origianlly logged on from Brian the Bug Master's machine. But for all I know, it could have been multiple AEs talking to themselves.

"I don't know why I standing here talking to myself, I think I'll gor over THERE and talk to myself"

------------------
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Pontificator Pendanticus
          older richer & wiser than you
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

BtBM... I hear you... but my hands are tied at this moment. I'm at my office instead of at home. I don't have the resources available from here to do what I need to do to clear this matter up. Plus, I will need to talk to MarkG. I'm sorry for any problems this is causing... but IP checks are our primary weapon against DL's... and considering your past history

I promise we will look into it!

------------------
            Ming
            CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
            Ming@Apolyton.net
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Fair enough. I'm not complaining.

I understand how it might look but it's the IP checks that produced this result. They won't show anything different now. We've known Nadia about a year, not long after she showed up in this country. She is friendly with my wife and, when she had apartment problems a few months ago, she stayed with us for a couple of weeks while she sorted something else out.

Comment

Who does Rimmer belong to?

Comment

Rimmer? I didn't know that was a DL. Either way not me - all mine (and more) have been cleaned out.

Comment

What were yours?

Comment

Um....

Ticket that Exploded
                      Ghost of Panama/Brain Reynolds
                      Jesus Egg that Wept

and (allegedly, although they were/are not my DLs) :

MikeH
                      Tear of the Komsomol Girl

Comment

I didn't get banned in that first round though, only when you said I was your DL yesterday.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

This DL thing is a puzzle to me.

Why is it disliked?

And granted that it is, what is the attraction in doing it anyway (apart from straightforward cussedness, that is)?

Yet further confirmation of my boring old fart status that I don't get it, I suppose.

Comment

True. But it was the first round that made it all believable. The enveloping paranoia that everyone is a DL.

Comment

"Disliked"? On ACOL we love 'em. It's sort of hard to explain - an addiction maybe.

They are disliked by the management here because they are against the rules. Why are they against the rules? Because they are disliked by the management here. Get out of that one without moving!

Comment

Working...
                              X