Is This Place Safe for Adults?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Place Safe for Adults?

Right, so here's the story. There was a forum, and it was moderated by, well, to be politically correct I'll say "young uns." Lil' people. Those of not-so-great sophistication.

And these wee folk, well, they didn't like certain subjects to be discussed in their wee forum.

The didn't like, for example, the bad topic of dr*gs to be mentioned. In any context. And God knows we couldn't raise s*x there either, they got all nervous and panicky. (At least in part, methinks, cause they didn't want to admit that they knew very little about that topic.)

But, in the midst of all that, many interesting discussions were had by the more mature of us, and, having butted heads with the King of the Wee Folk one too many times, and yet finding myself missing those intruiging discussions, I have looked and asked around and ended up here, on your shores.

And so, a quick question to those of you who hang here regularly: is this a safe place for adults?

We don't like potty talk or naughty words here, either.
    And you can't discuss anything but the Missionary position if Ming is around.

------------------
    Bring it!

"How ridiculous and how strange, to be surprised by anything that happens in life." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
    Chief Revealer of Personal Foibles
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

LOL! Yes, it is fine. You can talk about drugs and the drug war and some about sex (but not explicit).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Moved to the Apolyton Forum where it belongs!

Thread moved from the OTF to Apolyton!

------------------
        Ming
        CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
        Ming@Apolyton.net
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Welcome to Apolyton, Cherry!

Comment

So what's the difference between Apolyton and Off Topic?

So many rules... and the colored lights, hurts my brain... everything going fuzzy...

Comment

Ming (the mericiless) feels that something should not go onto OT if is on topic on any of the other forums. This forum, Apolyton, is for dicusees the site, the forums, rules, procedures, etc, and for nagging the hell of MarkG & DanQ.
              Ming is very quick on the trigger against topics with a risk of flame war, his anti-spam activities are variable.

------------------
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Pontificator Pendanticus
              older richer & wiser than you
              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Ming does a great job!

But he should kick butt more

Comment

Fun threads are an endangered species at the moment. OTOH, you can post almost any kind of mindless drivel in the form of a supposedly serious discussion and it won't be interfered with.

Btw Cherry, whose DL are you?

------------------
                  Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.

Keep the OT sticky thread free!!

Comment

I see AH is picking on poor FerryChunk already. What a mean bugger!
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

AH (cool name, by the way. Alexander did have a favorite horse, big white thing.)

What the hell's a DL?

Comment

A DL is a Donkey Licker. I thought everynoe knew that

No, seriously, a DL is a Double Login (where someone is using 2 usernames at once). I think anyway.

------------------
                        "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

Of course it is, cherry!

----------------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

oh, no one knows...

Comment

Working...
                            X