This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Gamestats going under?

I'm very worried that Gamestats is in peril. If Gamestats goes under, who will contract for Monkey ads from UGO. WE NEED GAMESTATS!

1. Gamesats just changed their front page...probably a last ditch desperation move.

2. The most popular hosted site (AOE Heaven) has left.

3. The NASDAQ and tech stocks are in the crapper.

4. JusticeT is gone. (Employee turnover = not good.)

DanQ is filling in to try to save this sinking ship, but will it be enough???
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by GP (edited December 25, 2000).]</font>

Not sure if any of these mean anything.

1. Many websites change layouts from time to time. Even big companies such as Adobe do so.

2. Can't tell how popular this is.

3. This is only really bad if you are trying for an IPO. If you already have an IPO, then the cold hard cash is in your pocket, and price fluctuations just mean funny money come and go.

4. Yeah well, a bunch of people left Id Software to form ION Storm too. There are many reasons why employees leave.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'll assume this is a joke thread until proven otherwise.

What is gamestats exactly?

Comment

GP, you can be most aggrevating at times.

re: #1 "last ditch desperation move"
        It's more than just the front page, it's the entire site which *I* have worked on for more than ~5 months~. The site needed a redesign after 2 1/2 years, as well as a major content infusion/update. This update has done exactly that.

What you have said here is utter nonsense.

re: #2 "most populator hosted site... left"
        I cannot be specific about the reasons that they left, but I can tell you that they relayed to me that it had nothing to do with anything that the current GS admin (including myself) had done/not done or said/not said. Furthermore, this was 1 1/2 months ago.

re: #3 NASDAQ
        This is irrelvant. GS is not a publicly traded company, plus the fact that it is owned by Canadians (<A HREF="http://www.worldchat.com" TARGET="_new">WorldCHAT Internet Services</A>) in which case if they were, they would be listed on the TS300.

re: #4 "employee turnover..."
        Yes, I know he did -- I knew him quite well (I have been apart of the GS network for more than three years). I took up the position he vacated. All of the senior and general level staff positions were filled for the most part within a month of the changeover. This was more than six months ago, and GS is still around.

It has been a turbulent half year for GS, but it is not a "sinking ship" and I take personal offense to that. I wish you would stop being so melodramatic, GP, and negative at that. You're alarming everyone needlessly.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Oops. Sorry, Dan. I know you're doing your best. I just wanted to rally the troops in case you need them. Keep up the good work. We are behind you!

Comment

1. Umm...did AOE Heaven leaving have anything to do with the invasions by Giant Squid and Spink/YYYH? I warned those guys!!

2. Can we take over any games that Heaven covered?

3. Who covers AOE, now?
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by GP (edited December 26, 2000).]</font>

Comment

I now understand what you were trying to do in the first place, GP, however it certainly didn't come across the way. Thanks for the clarification -- apology accepted.

To answer your questions:

#1: no. This was more than a year ago and nothing has been spoken of it since.
              #2/#3: No affiliate is covering the games on GS that HeavenGames was up to and including mid-November. Yes, other sites which cover the games that HG did can apply for GS affiliation.

-----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

GP, Dan:

Hey, can we rename this thread, "A Day in the Life of a SysAdmin"? For some reason I get an ironic sort of joy out of the proposed title.

CYBERAmazon
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I don't believe GP's back pedaling, particullarly after reveiwing his other aggitations. Being a cynical old manipulator a master at multi player game psycology and politics, I suspect he is an agent provocateur here to weaken us before a takeover attempt. Set the ABI (Apolyton Bureau of Ivestigation) on him , Dan.

------------------
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Pontificator Pendanticus
                  older richer & wiser than you
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Hey, why not just send the tentacle to tickle me?

Comment

forgot your mission again GP? Let's go over it. Acting for the 4th tentecle of the pyramid of infiltration, you are the deputy assistant junior sacrificial diversion for the Apolyton mission.

------------------
                      Pontificator Pendanticus
                      older richer & wiser than you
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Ooh...conspiracy theory makes me wet!

The way you spell tentecle is funny. Looks like testicle.

Comment

Don't worry DanQ, it is just all part of GPs plan for world domination involving branching threads
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Uuuuiii, a nonsense thread...

*Kumi reads the entire threadfull of nonsense*

Ahh... Brainless conspiracy theories and bad jokes on human reproduction organs. Just what I needed to make another day of my life special.

Comment

I know everyone is breathlessly waiting for more news here. I did some recconiassance (sp?) and found out that HeavenGames wasn't happy about "restrictions". They wouldn't really go into detail. Not sure why.

Here from the AOE site:

"We went from GS hosting to own-server hosting (finally), from 6 sites to 8 (Darky told me straight that that was only the beginning by the way :-)) from Heaven's Gaming Sites to HeavenGames (much better) and from at times annoying restrictions to full freedom to be all HeavenGames can be!"

Comment

Working...
                              X