Query Re Double Postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Re Double Postings

On my suggestion, Donwebb re-posted a scenario creation question on the SLeague Forum that that no one (certainly not me) on the Civ2-Mac had been able to answer. See the SLeague Thread at http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/001303.html?2#2 Now Donwebb, brought on some condemnation by calling it a "double post" in the beginning, however, it made me question what is the proper etiquette for posts to multiple Forums.

My thought, as I said in the Reply to the above thread, was that resubmitting an unanswered question was not "double posting" per se, as long as the Poster had waited for a reply. This is especially true if the original question is more appropriate to another Forum. So DanQ and MarkG, what are your thoughts? I double checked the FAQ before posting this and did not see a specific ruling.

------------------
    Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

If you post the same thing in multiple forums at the same time... that is bad

But, if you ask a question, don't get an answer, and then post the same question in another appropriate forum... nothing wrong with that.

I hope you get an answer to your question

------------------
    Ming
    CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming, will you reduce post totals from double posts?

Comment

I'm sure he has better things to do than to worry about reducing post counts for double posts

Although, he may just give you a vacation if he sees too many accidental double posts
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Narck (edited January 01, 2001).]</font>

Comment

Okay. Thanks.

------------------
          Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
          - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
          "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Working...
          X