Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Recently I accidently deleated some files on my computer that I shouldn't have. So I took the opertunity to empty my hard drive and reinstall everything on it. I have replaced most of the things i had on it but one, the english 1.2 patch for CTP. I have tried to download it from this site, but the link must be down because I just get a message saying site cannot be found with a link to gamestats(I think). Yet when I click on that link a blank page comes up. I tried to download it from Activision, but it gets about half way done then starts to install it saying that parts are missing or corrupt. I try to finish downloading it, but it just tries to install it. Does anyone know if these problems are going to be fixed soon, is this just another bug I have to fix on my computer, or is there another site that I can download from?
    Originally I posted this in the Cpt help/general forum, but have not got much luck from anyone. HELP!!!

Try e-mailing whoever is responsible for the CTP file archive. That's the surest way to get someone to fix the link to the file you're looking for.

Comment

It shouldn't start installing itself unless you use IE. Maybe you could use Netscape, works better. At any rate, perhaps there's an option to choose "download only."
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well, did you try to right click the activision link, then "save as..."
        Do that instead of just left click and IE (if that's what you're using) won't try to run the patch... which reminds me - if IE has try to run it then it means the download failed cause your connection's not too good.

And i did a test download of the activision link... 3,531,462 bytes - it seems to be fine.

------------------
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Working...
        X