Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe this is the thread in question:

http://www.an.i-dentity.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/012204.html
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by phoenixcager (edited December 13, 2000).]</font>

Comment

My old screen name was banned (well actually 1 week vacation) for using a dl. I'm guilty as charged. I admit I'm a degenerate who onced used a DL.
      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Dissident Aggressor (edited December 13, 2000).]</font>

Comment

just sheer curiosity (i.e. this is no way a protest, I couldn't care less).

What's the formal difference im motivation between being banned for:
        1. having a DL
        2. being a DL
        3. being DL of ACOL poster

you really mean that:

in 1. you banned the original userID (but not his DL)?

in 2. you banned "the DL" (recognising his "being"!!!), but not the original userID??

in 3. being a DL of an ACOL poster is a more serious crime than being "just a DL"??? (help me define that: prejudice? paranoia? )

Really, one could think that you don't consider using DLs a bad thing "per se", but it depends on "whose" DL it is?
        Do you call that "flexibility" or "double standards"?

Disclaimer: I fully recognize that the owners of this place make the rules they like, and many thanks for their valuable and underestimated services.
        Just wondering about neutral philosophical concepts...

I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I don't think there's much of a difference between the treatment of a regular Apolytoner who has a DL and and ACOLyte who uses DLs on Apolyton.

It's just that ACOLytes a more obviously likely suspects due to their use of numerous Alter-egos(AEs) at ACOL.

Comment

Whatever happened to ol' History049?

What was Spamgate?

Mike Jesenka & maestrobto were banned on more than one occasion...
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I exchanged e-mails with 049 a while ago. He said he has not been on the Apolyton boards. I think he would be pretty easy to spot as a DL.

Comment

Spamgate was when a number of people spammed on a separate (undiscovered) forum of Apolyton's and were caught when Alexander's Horse squealed on them.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I believe that the "official line" of spam gate/area25 says that it was uncovered without regard to the Horse's posts, but by some other clue pssibly the surrepititious references to it in the OT by the participants.

------------------
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Pontificator Pendanticus
                  older richer & wiser than you
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

So why then did horse not share in the ban?

Comment

JUST Spamgate? I've been banned for more than that...

Countless bannings due to:

* Kamakazi attempts to make a political message
                      * Pushing Ming TOO far
                      * Spam
                      * Flame
                      * Massive posting
                      * ****ting on the FAQ

I missed out on Black Saturday though.
                      Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
                      Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
                      Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
                      und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
                      Only when it's smooth you will see
                      How much fairy-tale is left for you
                      And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I got banned for a flame reply to one of EvC's more objectionable posts, back in the days when he took great pleasure in being a dribbling nazi loon (before his conversion). Strangely enough, I had quite a good time that week. I discovered this place called "outside".

Comment

Can I assume the lack of response to the "What was spamgate and black saturday?" question means no answer is forthcoming, because I'm curious too?
                          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I got banned on black saturday.

Black saturday was a thread created in the OT by Ming I believe, that was there for information purposes and included the instruction that nobody post in it. Well, lots of ppl did, myself included, and we got banned for it.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Gp- Horse told them not to post there.
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Horse sold us all out..... probably due to the excessive Aussie flaming by CD & Co.

IIRC, DC, Andz got banned again a week or so ago, and also a couple of months before Spamgate (for the DL known as Strategist)

The discovery of the secret forum caused a massive round of bannings, and PCRs (remarkably, some innocent people lost posts too, like Mao, who posted a single post IIRC).

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited December 19, 2000).]</font>
                                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                                X