The "Deleted Threads" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Deleted Threads" Thread

[I had originally posted this in the OT, but Ming deleted it and threatened me with a vacation if I put another one there]

This thread exists for the purpose of collecting data on the number and nature of the threads Ming has deleted. I want to know this to know if this is as common an occurrence as it seems to be.

Everyone: If you have had a thread deleted in the past few weeks, please let me know. Please include the name of the thread (if you can remember it), the topic of the thread, approximately when it was deleted, and any thoughts you might have on why it was deleted.

Thank you.
    Murgatroyd
    One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

I had a topic deleted. It was called "Step Into the Confessional: Admit to Your Lustful Thoughts and Actions". It was deleted in just under 5 minutes. It had 4 posts...one by Fitz, who admitted to jerking off while driving, my response about one handed drivers...and...I forget.
    I believe it was still acceptable, but Ming shot it down because of how nasty it was bound to get.
    (I think he must be a conservative Christian at heart.)
    I don't hold it against him...he was probably right.
    Besides, maybe he can work out his issues here, instead of walking into a mall with a 12 gauge.
    We're helping him, really.
    Nice Ming...good Ming...everything will be just fine, Ming.

------------------
    Bring it!

"How ridiculous and how strange, to be surprised by anything that happens in life." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
    Life and death is a grave matter;
    all things pass quickly away.
    Each of you must be completely alert;
    never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

My "Ming, Please Do Not Delete This Thread" was deleted after about 2 1/2 hours with 13 responses. I only got to see the first 3 before it was deleted. To see Ming's reasons for deleting it, click here.

I had put it in the OT for maximum response. Putting it here, even with the link in my signature all over the OT, just isn't getting the same response.

Murgatroyd
      One year at Apolyton with the same username and location!

Comment

Oh, grow up!
        Oh Oh, I had a thread deleted, and my ego is bruised.

This is a public site with rules that the moderator makes judgement calls on. He can't be perfect every time. But to date, he's done a reasonably consistent job. So quit whining, or using "collecting data" as an excuse to whine.

RAH
        If you don't like it, there are many sites without moderators.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're right...
          Sometimes I wonder that the reaction might be too quick, but I imagine Ming has better things to do than sit around pondering who's feelings he is going to hurt. His job is to make judgement calls...quickly. If one or two slip through the cracks (in our opinion) we should just let it slide, reword it, etc.
          Give the guy a break. It's not that big of a deal.
          Besides, ACOL will let you act like a complete idiot--I did all weekend!

------------------
          Bring it!

"How ridiculous and how strange, to be surprised by anything that happens in life." Marcus Aurelius (Meditations)
          Life and death is a grave matter;
          all things pass quickly away.
          Each of you must be completely alert;
          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Actually, it was fun posting on ACOL while Apolyton was down. It is the perfect place for all those who think the rules are a tad strict here. So check it out...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What do you post as in ACOL, Ming?

Comment

Ming Off Duty...

I usually go there to relax and enjoy... not having to worry about what I post.
                Plus, I can be nasty there if I want to be.

So the name is appropriate there
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Ming (edited September 11, 2000).]</font>
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh great, everyone is gonna eat out food now. It is no longer Mingapoulco, but ACOL.

i.e.

"I banish thee to ACOL, go eat thier food."

Comment

it's fun to get nasty sometimes.

Comment

There was the counting thread that had everyone just counting... I didn't see when it disappeared, but it's not there now. Funny how it was mimicked at ACOL...

Yep, it's not there now - you can serch for "counting" and get the hit, but it's a broken link.
                      ------------------
                      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
                      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by UltraSonix (edited September 27, 2000).]</font>
                      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Yeah UltraSonix, but that "Counting" thread was as blatant as spam can get... A lot of the other threads mentioned here seemed to have legit reasoning behind them...

------------------
                        tjp25@cornell.edu | reismark@civgaming.net | GO ITHACA FLAME! - AFFL Leader
                        Vote Gore/Lieberman 2000: Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow
                        President & Demi-God of the Civilization Gaming Network - Lift-Off October 15th
                        Visit the Civilization Gaming Network Forums
                        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

the rules are kinda strict here...And it's in my blood to make a huge fit and complain and give people a nasty nasty time...I get it from my Mom

------------------
                          Thomas Hubert
                          Acting Magistrate of People's United Republic (PUR)
                          don't explain, i understand
                          Thomas Hubert
                          Acting Magistrate of People's United Republic (PUR)
                          don't explain, i understand

Comment

I had a thread deleted yesterday. It was titled: "The HWDKWHNI thread". It referred to Nimrod/Dookie/Warning: and his constant nick-changes, but quickly reverted to spam.

Asmodean

------------------
                            I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

My thread, Fall From Grace-- A Maoian Saga, was posted today (Oct 10th) at around 4:30AM EST.

It was a nice little thread that drew attention to Mao's profile being wiped out--he went from Deity to Settler.

I proposed what I thought would be a brilliant and creative means to restore Mao to his former glory; needless to say it has vanished and when I do a search, the title and author are found, but when you clink on the link, an HTLM message says server or whatever is not found.
                              If it was deleted because of a server problem, I'll just resubmitt.
                              However, if it was deliberatly deleted, I want an explaination as to why and what was wrong with what I posted.

------------------
                              "And his word shall carry
                              death eternal to those who
                              stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
                              X