Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guest #1 in that list
    Don't know why, cockies are enabled!

Oh and it _really_ needs to be optional to show my online status to other people!
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Narck- Wrong. I've just tested it.

Sorry. I hate this feature. It's like an ICQ you can never switch off when you're too pissed off to talk. A vile, vile feature.

What next? A historic log showing every time you've logged on?

Comment

Thue, do you have your username and password stored in a cookie? If you didn't set that option in your preferences I don't know how it would know who you are, but Markos should be able to tell us more about that.

Comment

the script simple reads the existing cookie with your username and password(which you have set to store) and whenever you access a forum page it makes an entry in a log(which covers the last 30 minutes)

Lazarus, on icq messages pop up on you, making sounds, etc. in this case nothing bothers you...
          and if you dont want to accept private messages you can turn it off and on from the preferences(accessible through your inbox)

Comment

Something does bother me. The appearance of my username, advertising my presence, bothers me. ICQ bleeps can be eliminated by placing my speakers on mute, or switching off ICQ. I await further instructions on how this new source of bother can be eliminated.

Comment

come on Lazarus, the appearance of your login does good to apolyton. which other forum has so cool people with so cool logins?

Comment

You grovelling little sh#t
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Lazarus and the Gimp (edited July 22, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Seriously, it was something of a shock seeing my name at the bottom. The paranoia instantly kicked in.

It looks like it's a popular move, so I'll just try to learn to live with it.

Comment

there's a new choice in your <a href="http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbmisc.cgi?action=setprefs">preferences</a>: you can be invisible from others(you will still be counted and you're not invisible from admins&mods)

happy lazarus?

Comment

Let it be known. . Laz and the Gimp *****ed about it first. . but the option to turn it off was MY IDEA!! HAHAH!! I have contributed to apolyton!!!

Comment

I big DOH! for my first question of course I was guest number one.

Comment

VERY COOL!! I would suggest if possible an option in preferences to block people from seeing if your online or not.

but i DO like the feature

Comment

I thought this was nifty, until the turn it off option was mentioned. Lurkers, my hobby, will be able to hide again

Comment

Well, at least I'm a mod, so I can see who is really here
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

NO! Mark! We need to know when the Gimp's on!
                                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X