Let's Clear Up Usernames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Clear Up Usernames!

Let us say if a username has not accessed Apolyton since 1-1-1999 then it should be
    deleted. Or if you believe that that is too close to now how about 11-1-1998. That
    should clear up some good (and not so good) usernames for use.

Who is with me on this?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

1. it's a silly idea

2. what username are you thinking about there, for example?

Comment

I agree, this Idea have comed up several times, but Markos and Dan has ignored it... stupidness in my opinion, but I guess they love to see their high membercount...
      It is your responsibility to keep your profile information up-to-date. Do not ask the administrator or moderators to do this for you.

Comment

Triple Post... (1)
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited September 04, 2000).]</font>
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Sir David: that's the worst English I've ever seen

it's:

this idea has come up not have comed up

Markos and Dan have ignored it not has...

Comment

Triple Post... (2)

-Well at least this gets my post count up.
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by DarkCloud (edited September 04, 2000).]</font>
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Sir David: that's the worst English I've ever seen

it's:

this idea has come up not have comed up

Markos and Dan have ignored it not has...

Comment

There are obviously going to be some good Usernames in the early days of Apolyton that have not been used.

This is not because I in particular want to change my Username, but someone else might.

Say a person wants the name 'Gandalf' but that name is already taken but hasn't been used since 98' and the person has to settle for Gandalf101. That person would most likely want to have the 'Gandalf' name instead. Do you not think?
                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

There are obviously going to be some good Usernames in the early days of Apolyton that have not been used.

This is not because I in particular want to change my Username, but someone else might.

Say a person wants the name 'Gandalf' but that name is already taken but hasn't been used since 98' and the person has to settle for Gandalf101. That person would most likely want to have the 'Gandalf' name instead. Do you not think?

Doh!! Didn't see you're post, sorry.
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by connorkimbro (edited September 04, 2000).]</font>
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

so says Andz, king of 'i go now' and 'why you hate me?'...
                    sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

err... ck - that DarkCloud isn'T your DL I hope?

I mean nearly the same post by two different posters.. more than only strange

Comment

if it WAS his dl, andy, dont you think connor would have been smart enough to edit his entire message?
                        sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

GAAAKKK!!! Triple post. How disgusting. I have no idea how that happened, but seriously let's discuss this topic.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Actually I have just been messing around putting random usernames in to see what profiles there are, it is amazing how you can guess used usernames with simple names, terms, etc. And nearly all of them I have got, they have been old logins with next to no posts made, plenty of 0 post counts. So maybe it would be worthwhile to introduce a policy of deletion like this effective from now...(so the first deletions would occur in a year if no post is made)
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

now this idea seems reasonable
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X