Petition for a "Banned" list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for a "Banned" list

Shouldn't there be a locked (Mods only) thread in this section which says who and between which dates is banned from Apolyton? I heard somewhere in the OT that Alexander's Horse is banned, but I found nothing to verify this. For us people that don't visit the OT every single day and don't have the chance to view all of the topics, it is hard to find your bearings in a place where names, threads and events come and go all the time.

Of course bans are rare, last less than a name change and are generally well "advertised" but still such a thing would be helpful. There are historic reasons too; I feel that a record of who and why was banned from Apolyton since the Beginning would be quite interesting. Maybe Narck could give us some stats too...

Thank you beforehabd for your attention.

------------------
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell
    George Orwell

AH must be banned as he popped into ACOL to say so. But haven't spotted the hideous crime yet. Must be in a non OT forum (is there such a thing, apart from this one of course ?)
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Gary (edited September 05, 2000).]</font>

Comment

horsie's "crime" can be found on the ctp2-general forum....

Comment

Yes, but how about the "banned" list? Is it yes or no? if not, why?
        George Orwell

Comment

what about a list of deleted threads so I might find out why mine was deleted , as a private message from the person deleting it was too hard to do.
          The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yes, why not, a "Deleted Threads" thread too. If one wants to do serious moderation, one should be ready to provide serious support too, to avoid misunderstandings.

But all I want is an answer. One word: Yes/No/Maybe It it that hard?
            George Orwell

Comment

I can't speak for the admin, but my opinion is I won't take the extra time to do it. I spend enough time doing this, I don't need to spend more

------------------
              Ming
              CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
              Ming@Apolyton.net
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

since MtM(Ming the Moderator) is the one doing most of the bans and the deletions(i wonder why ), and he doesnt have the time to do it, you can forget the idea....

unless someone wants to be tSoMtM(the Secretary of Ming the Moderator)

Comment

Couldn't you get one of your minions like MLeonard to do it Ming
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes, who knows, maybe Narck will like the idea and decide to start maintaining such threads...

Gee, how easy it is to volunteer on behalf of others...
                    George Orwell

Comment

For the amount of time I would need to notify somebody by email, icq, or PM that such a deletion or restriction occured, I could just as easily start/post to a thread. So, don't look forward to such a thread in the future

------------------
                      Ming
                      CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
                      Ming@Apolyton.net
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X