The Mark Twain quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mark Twain quote

It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.

I've also heard this quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

Maybe both mark twain and lincoln said it, i don't know. . but NEITHER of them said it first.

Proverbs 17:28 "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue."

I think there might be another verse with the wording closer to the mark twain quote you've got up, but i don't know the reference.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

My favourite quote of his is 'Golf is a good walk spoiled'
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Didn't Churchhill say that?
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

All kinds of things say it's good to be quiet if you don't know anything, but Mark Twain was the one to say it in an interesting type of way. I'm sure other people have said they're not too good at leading, but it was Stefu who said it most memorably. I doubt the Bible comes too close...it's not known for its sense of humor

Comment

Working...
        X