Definition Of Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shouldn't those last two words be "ay Mao?"

Anyway, I personally don't see why all the accused spammers are getting all roused up. All it means is that some people complained about us ONLINE...woo...hoo...yeah...ok... And no actual action has really been taken except a warning right?
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

"The true spammers don't write long posts because it wastes time that might be
      valuable raising their post counts"

You are right in most cases... but it still doesn't mean that someone who DOES make serious posts can't spam too

"OK, so when you want to ban someone for spamming, which is hardly a serious
      offence, how about asking people what they think about that one person...because it
      is only affecting the posters."

HA HA HA HA! First, it is a serious offence.
      Second, if I had to take a poll every time I wanted to shut a spammer down, they would be a Deity before an agreement was ever reached on whether he was a spammer or not (take a look at your situation) Again, this isn't a Democracy. I do listen to what people have to say, but I make my own decisions

"I don't think you are going to ban anyone, because the spam you're talking about can
      be just one post in a thread that is pointless. And one post isn't worth banning
      someone over.."

You are kind of right... I won't restrict somebody for a single post... but don't bet on me not restricting somebody who continues to spam

"I'm not raising a threat...I'm more in-touch with the working class poster because I am
      one of them."

Even with the smile, it still comes across as a threat... plus, you aren't in touch with more than a small percentage of the total posters

You know I agreed with cutting back on spamming. I supported the punishments of
      John Lenin, Comrade Dan, and Andz. I just think you overstepped the mark by accusing ME. I am definitely not a spammer."

That is still just a matter of opinion, and MANY people disagree with you on that one

"Well, you can hardly blame working class posters for spamming if the people they are
      controlled by count post counts as achievements to be attained"

Yes I can... spamming isn't allowed. And I don't spam

------------------
      Ming
      CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
      Ming@Apolyton.net
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
      X