No announcement yet.

Did you notice it too: Apolyton seems to have slowed down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I for one could be lured into believing it has to do with the new features introduced a couple of days ago. The ability to see who's browsing the boards and the private messages option.

This was the third time in a few days I've experienced a shortlived slowdown, and each time I've noticed that the listing of "Who's browsing the boards" has dropped from the usual 40-70 persons to 1-5 persons.

Right before, it listed "3 guests" - no posters, not even myself, and during the last slowdown there was only "1 guest"!

But then again, it's hard to tell what is the cause and what is the effect.

Anyway, the slowdowns seem to have increased in number after the latest hacks were installed.

Comment

The installation of the hacks and the slowdown on Apolyton was coincidental. From what I have been told by the network admin., the slowdown is not being caused by any script or otherwise on Apolyton itself. They are continuing to investigate...

I don't know about anyone else, but while I still notice the slowdown from time-to-time it is no where near as bad as it was at the beginning of the week.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Ok, I'll take your word for it DanQ. You're right, it did seem worse a few days ago.

Comment

I noticed that in the morning (CET) when there are only a few people here there are no problems, it starts somewhere at 14:00 (8am EDT). Maybe it has something to do with the number of connections to Apolyton?
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

You might be on to something there Heji..!

Comment

You think so Normi?
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Working...
              X