Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulties in Accessing Apolyton

Everyone:

Just curious ... is there some sort of maintenance going on in the background? I've been having a heckuva time getting to Apolyton all day/night Monday — especially so the Off Topic Forum.

And I know it's just Apolyton because every other Web site that's bookmarked comes up at its usual speed ... which is "normal."

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

I wasn't able to get on about an hour earlier. The server was up but the processes were very slow. They might had something big running for awhile.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

About an hour ago, I was getting "500 Internal Server Error"s. Things are working fine now.

Comment

The Curse struck again! It attacked a thread on the OTF. That's why Apolyton was so slow...
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Ya! what are you guys up to now?This site hasn't been very Smash freindly today.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

The cursed thread is "Gloifying Confederates." Please close or delete it, Markos, Ming, Dan, Matt, whoever.

Comment

Hm... still can't get to Off-Topic. The rest is fine.
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

GameStats tech admin. is aware of the problem and is working on it.

I will relay more info when I know more.

----------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Is it only the OTF? A lot of the forums seem slower
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

I'm finding the OT impossible to access, the other Forums are reasonably accessible. The problem with the other Forums is posting. Hit the Send button and there's no sign of the Message Sent screen. Wait about 5 minutes, hit the Back button, and there's your message posted in the forum. It's happened, somehow, without acknowledgement the message has been sent. Thus a plethora of double and triple posts.

------------------
                    finbar
                    Mono Rules!
                    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

There is now a mangled thread in Civ 2 / General; the author was BuilderR

The curse strikes again...
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

There's also a thread in the Strategy Forum - "Sabotage????" - which, when clicked on, responds with a message that there's no data in the document, and to try again later. I did. Same response. I don't know whether it's my browser or the thread that's the problem.

------------------
                        finbar
                        Mono Rules!
                        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

The sabotage thread just gives me a blank page, so it's not just you. Also, new posts to the Med Mod 4 thread in CTP-General are all added to page 1 instead of page 2 where they should go.

Comment

The blank page from the Sabotage thread is still happening at the time of this post although the problems with posting and getting into the Off-Topic forum seem to have gone.

Comment

Just tried the "Sabotage" thread again, got the same result - no data in the document, try again later.

Comment

Working...
                              X