Mozilla M16 Strangeness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla M16 Strangeness

I have recently downloaded Mozilla M16 and it hasn't crashed so far, although it is still buggy.

My question is its rendering is different from Netscape 4.73, esp with some of the ubb tags. For example, [quote&#93 is no longer are delimited by size 0 horizontal rules. Sometimes the character font following it is also messed up. I am not sure if this is a fault of Mozilla or if UBB is still using decrepit HTML tags.

Also, would it be too much trouble to put a table of character codes and a table of character entities up for reference?
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited July 11, 2000).]</font>
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited July 11, 2000).]</font>
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

When you're dealing with 'alpha' software such as this, you are bound to run into difficulties. Wait for the "full" version of Nav. 6 to be released and see if that solves the problem.

I have not heard anyone say they are experiencing such problems from any other browser/version...

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Dan,

I realize this. What makes this situation interesting is the "size" option for the horizontal rule tag is supposedly decrepit in HTML 4 and Mozilla just so happens to refuse to render it.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Hmmm... Good to hear that Mozilla has finally gained some stability. I found M15 buggy beyond use... It looks good, though.

Comment

So how does the "Mozilla M16 stangeness" compare to the IE 5 for Mac weirdness that I discribed in the "Weird layout in IE 5" thread? I'm thinking of bagging IE 5 infavor of Netscape if the frames see, to render (?) correctly.

------------------
          "Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, I drink therefore I am !" - Bruce, from the Bruces Song
          (Monty Python)
          "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

I don't know if Netscape 6 PR1 is the same as "Mozilla M16" or not, but the Datasheet (description) is available at http://home.netscape.com/browsers/6/...eareq#platform

And Netscape 6 PR1 is available for download at http://home.netscape.com/download/pr...html?cp=dowsea

I think that I'll give it a try!

------------------
            "Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, I drink therefore I am !" - Bruce, from the Bruces Song
            (Monty Python)
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MacUser (edited July 16, 2000).]</font>

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Thanks MarkG. Per Urban Ranger's suggestion (IE 5 thread) I'll head over to the Mozilla site and check it out.

------------------
              (Monty Python)

Comment

Mozilla M16 is a newer than Netspace 6 PR1.
                Actually, PR1 is a version of M15...

Comment

Working...
                X