Civ1 Section Re-Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ1 Section Re-Launch

See our <A HREF="http://apolyton.net/civ1">re-vamped Civilization I section</A>, the latest in a string of sections on Apolyton to be upgraded to the "Version 2" design.

Comments/questions welcomed.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Oohhh greeaatt...

I don't except this section to be updated often.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hey, any of you guys know where I can get a copy of the Windows Civ I? Does it work with Windows 98, and do I have to adjust the colors?

I've got two copies of the game on SNES (well, one is on my SNES emulator here on my PC...), but it looks different. I'm also curious about the "endgame replay" talk that's been going on over at CTP2.

Thanks!
      "I do not pretend to know that which the less educated and less intelligent are certain of." -- T.H. Huxley

Comment

You might be able to obtain a copy from a bargain bin at a local computer store. There is a Windows version of Civ1, and although I have not used it I would imagine it would run under Win98...

If you obtain a DOS ("original") version, like the one I have, I find that while it can run under Win98 it works better if you have your PC run it under MS-DOS mode.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Working...
        X