An Idea To Weed Out All These Double Logins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Idea To Weed Out All These Double Logins

What not make the IP addresses accessible to all visitors?

There are thousands of programs nowadays for people if they want to find someone else's IP address, and some web forums actually show the IP of posters on pages.

This would give two benefits:

1) "IP Hunters", instead of creating "is xxx a Double Login" thread would be able to do the dirty work they expect Ming to do themselves.

2) Double logins ought to become less and less.

who the hell cares about dls and WHY?!?!?!? it makes no sense!!!
    hehehe...
    btw. get this.. stewart spink thinks im a dl. heheh

Comment

Oh SS said it? Then it must be true! DL! DL!
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Nimrod,

Better Idea. Why don't we just get rid of the ones that are pretty much assumed by most people to be DLs?

Comment

Actually I've been hanging out lately on a board that does screening of the posters (by a person). You get your password mailed to you a couple days after filling out a form and requesting to join the group. Prior to that, you can only read and can't join the discussion.

There are no whiney children on the forum and no flame wars. If someone, tries to act that way, they are removed permanently from the board.

Comment

<font size=10>NO!</font>

Reasons:
            1) It is ineffective. Most people here connect through modems dialing in to an ISP. As a result, their IP address changes from one connection to another, so you can get people being falsely accused of being double logins.

2) Those people with faster connections usually have fixed IP addresses, making them extremely vulnerable to hacking. Posting the IP addresses would enable other posters to attack them easily.
            main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
            i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

The answer is NO.

Those who need access to such information already have it: the administrators (Markos, myself and Ming) and the forum moderators.

End of discussion.

----------------
              Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Nimrod,

Ever heard of a proxy server? That's why your little trick doesn't work.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No, I dont like the idea.

For one thing, it would be an invasion of privicy. We post here with the understanding that only the admins and mods can access our IP addresses without us knowing, and I don't believe that it would be right to change this.

Besides, unwarrented accusations would be rampent. Lets say that I go over to a friend who is registered on apolyton's house and post from there. In the current system, it would almost certently be ignored; and, even if it were noticed, I doubt that action would be taken. With your knew idea, I'm sure that someone would notice, and problems would start to develop. There would just be too many false accusations...

------------------
                  adaMada
                  adamada@springmail.com
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

yea, privacy is good..
                    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Working...
                    X