Britain banned by GameStats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain banned by GameStats?

Both Gibster and Nimrod have told me that Britain has been banned from the GameStats network. I can still access GameStats and Apolyton from my computer, while Gibster and Nimrod can't. Is there any credibility to this? If so, I'm sure GameStats will find their mail-boxes flooded with angry mails, more so than with the YYYH/Spink incident. I hope this is not true though.

People of Britain, Avatar has freed you from the evil spirit; He has freed you from the spirit that degrades; The spirit that keeps you away from other people; The spirit that closes you in a small cage; Yea, you are free.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Now this is strange.

I normally log in using BT's ISP, but over the last few days I have not been able to access GameStats on this.
      However I can access Gamestats and Apolyton using my back up ISP connection,- "Freeserve"

Whats up?

Comment

AFAIK, at the moment the two ISPs known to be affected are BTInternet and F9. Anyone else had the same problem...? This is getting beyond a joke. The whole GameStats server is inaccessible.

Comment

Could be!
          I have e-mailed Dan & Markos seeking clarification.

I might have to become SG2's DL

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'm unsure how gibster and nimrod got that impression. if these isp's were banned, they would be geting a "access denied" message from the server. instead what they are geting are "server not availiable messages from their browser

Comment

But - according to BT on their ever-so-unhelpful-50p-a minute-"help"-line - they are getting some bizarre message about "proxy blocking" at their end...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

Comment

what I mean by "message from the server" is a page that would appear on the browser, containing just a message like "access denied" or "page not found", etc

whereas a browser message would be a message box...

Comment

Apolyton is back in the UK - at least on the BT system! (Just as I had fortified my cavalry outside the BT customer service dept.)

SG (2)

Comment

Time to pay a visit to news://btinternet.whinge

------------------
                    "The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on"
                    "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Scouse Gits -
                      Exactly how many of you are there? Or am I developing mental illness and theres only 1? How do I know which is which? Aren't you not allowed to have two people with the same handle? Whats going on?

Comment

There are two of them. At the bottom of their posts they sign with either Scouse Git [1] or SG (2) so you can always see who posted what. I don't know if it's allowed to share a login, but they have been here since november and have not been banned, so I guess it's ok with Markos and Dan.

Comment

Please email us about this, Paul.

----------------
                          Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I don't visit this section too often - I've just noticed the concern over two Scouse Gits!

The reason for this is that my e-mail may not have been accepted by Apolyton. I suppose we are the opposite of a double login - as two of us use one user name.

I trust this variety does not cause problems!
                            As both of us are probably three times the age of some posters on the threads, we remember how awful real spam (between two slices of bread) was in the 50's.

------------

SG (2)

Comment

My guess would also be that sharing a login like the Scouse Gits won't do any harm. Especially since it's so obviously stated who says what.

Only trouble would be if one hangs out on Anfield Road and the other at Goodison Park!

Comment

Working...
                              X