Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton - Profit, Loss or No Change (literally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton - Profit, Loss or No Change (literally)

Does Apolyton run well financially?

Does it run at a profit (where revenue > expenditure), a loss (revenue < expenditure) or no change (revenue = expenditure)?
    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
    Only when it's smooth you will see
    How much fairy-tale is left for you
    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

I'm sure that Apolyton easily makes enough money to overcome the 35 dollars a year they have to pay to keep their domain name, if they even have to pay (being a Gamestats affiliate, they might not). However, of what money is left over, and considering the amount of time burned into the site, I'm sure that MarkG and DanQ end up getting paid a good bit less than minimum wage for their work. But all the joy and happiness they get out of running the site makes up for that, right? Well it better, because if it doesn't and they're just in it for the money, then they'll probably quit doing Apolyton and go get some other job...
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

we have started making real profits about a year ago. still, even now, minimum wage is not near...

btw, the domain name and the deal with gamestats is not the only money we spend on the site. the most recents one were in march, when we got real procuder plus for the audio version of the newsletter and purchased a copy of ubb(we were on a lease up to then, we now can use the script forever)...

Comment

So how much US$ gross does Apolyton earn per month?

And what is the gross amount of tax and expenditures incurred in running this site?

------------------
        The names of those banned on Black Saturday: KarstenWilli, Matt Higgs, Jesus Egg that Wept, MikeH, Masterbob, Andz83, Faboba, ghen, Atahualpa, Cybershy, MarkL, Cthol, Djugashvilli, Coug, Nimrod, Empress, RainbowJDS, connorkimbro, Giant Squid, Lyricist, Legman, Moroteuthis Robustis, Herr Glockenspiel, Talon2, Renwaldo84, UEC, Fight Like A Brave, L. Pelagi, Fjorxc, Thucydides, Ghost Ham, Lancer, Jasonian, The Mad Monk, technophile, DarthVeda, Boshko, The Brain.
        Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
        Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
        Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
        und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
        Only when it's smooth you will see
        How much fairy-tale is left for you
        And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

That month Apolyton had 1,000,000 + hits must have brought in a few drachma for someone! Are our friends at Gamestats sharing the revenue with you in a fair & equitable way?

I hope so! You guys deserve it!

Have you had any other months like that? What is the average weekly number of hits? Have you considered one of those free counters?
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Now Comrade Dan: it would be unprofessional of us to discuss such personal, detailed matters openly especially in our public forums (or any other, for that matter). What I will say is that you needn't concern yourself with them.

SnowFire and Uncle Sparky: thank you both for the kind words! We have been able to finance numerous products and services for this site as Markos has already mentioned through advertising revenues.

As for the counter, US, we use both Extreme-DM and Hitbox counters (see front page for icons/links). And yes, GameStats is made up of an excellent group of people to work with.

----------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

'Now Comrade Dan: it would be unprofessional of us to discuss such personal, detailed matters openly especially in our public forums (or any other, for that matter). '

that little?

Comment

hey, what about me DanQ ? I should know about this stuff, oh yeah, big time... hmmm...I'm still waiting for my paycheck...hihihi

Comment

Working...
                X