Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Call to All Freedom-Wishing Apolytoners

*Important Info on the bottom in BOLD... The rest - a justification*

My fellow Apolytoners, listen to me! A great crisis has come across the land. 39, THIRTY NINE, of your fellow Apolytoners have been striken of their posting rights. And for what? So the moderators could flex their collective muscles to show who's really in charge? Have they really accomplished anything?

For what reason was there a ban on posting to a thread, but that thread was left in the open? For what reason, I ask you! There is no good reason, my fellows! So the freedom wishing Apolytoners decided to challenge arbitrary rule. They wished to speak out for a freedom to post in any open thread. And is that so wrong? Well to the moderators it was! They could not tolerate that their orders would be defied! Like we are slaves for them to order us around whensoever they feel like it. This, my friends, is an action of a vidictive moderator. A moderator that wishes to exert power for simply exerting power. I thought we were more civilized that that. I was, unfortunetly wrong.

Now the list of blood runs to 39 names. All fallen for the Cause of freedom, for liberty. They are to be lauded over. They have sacrificed posting ability for something greater. We should thank them all.

So, it has been decided that there shall be a posting boycott of Apolyton! We call all like minded Apolytoners to join with us and stop posting at these forums until it is decided that we resume!

Remember that they need us more than we need them.

I bid you adieu and wish that you will do the right thing and join with us, and show the moderators that we shall not stand aside while the place that we used to love is raized to the ground.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Did you happen to know that some people on your list were not banned? (I think)
    Minister of UFQPOT
    Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
    CEO of the SSPC

Comment

But they shall be, for they have posted on the forbidden thread.

A list of the Fallen... and my last post until the protest is called off.

------------------
      Free:

KarstenWilli
      Jesus Egg that Wept
      MikeH
      Masterbob
      Andz83
      Faboba
      ghen
      Atahualpa
      Cybershy
      MarkL
      Cthol
      Djugashvilli
      Coug
      Nimrod
      Empress
      RainbowJDS
      connorkimbro
      Giant Squid
      Lyricist
      Legman
      Moroteuthis Robustis
      Herr Glockenspiel
      Talon2
      Renwaldo84
      UEC
      Fight Like A Brave
      L. Pelagi
      Fjorxc
      Thucydides
      Ghost Ham
      Lancer
      Jasonian
      The Mad Monk
      technophile
      DarthVeda
      Boshko
      The Brain
      Wezil

We shall NEVER forget "Black Saturday"
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There has been a loss of freedom. A loss never to be able to be forgiven.

------------------
        In Apolyton Square there is a single monument.

Inscribed are the names of those banned on Black Saturday: KarstenWilli, Jesus Egg that Wept, MikeH, Masterbob, Andz83, Faboba, ghen, Atahualpa, Cybershy, MarkL, Cthol, Djugashvilli, Coug, Nimrod, Empress, RainbowJDS, connorkimbro, Giant Squid, Lyricist, Legman, Moroteuthis Robustis, Herr Glockenspiel, Talon2, Renwaldo84, UEC, Fight Like A Brave, L. Pelagi, Fjorxc, Thucydides, Ghost Ham, Lancer, Jasonian, The Mad Monk, technophile, DarthVeda, Bos
        Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
        Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
        Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
        und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
        Only when it's smooth you will see
        How much fairy-tale is left for you
        And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

It's a shame they closed that thread before giving you a chance to reply in it, Imran.

You salute their sacrifice, but I don't think you would have taken it yourself.

If you really care about them, you will show them that you are ready to take their burden along with them, and leave until they return. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me!
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Oh goody, I just read, that was your last post.

Congratulations!

Now leave the rest of us in peace.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

Wow I spent all day playing civ online,which is what I thought people around here did,but I guess not.So I didn't really get to reading about the stupid 150 count thread,as I would normally have only read page 2 and posted,I guess I would have been banned too,which is silly because I am a nice guy.I am also the kind of guy that thinks mass boycotts are dumb in most cases.As I see my good friend Empress on this list,a very kewl,and harmless one,I must alter my norm. I usually side with Ming about controls on folks just posting obnoxious crap,but this time I think the vacations were,well quite silly.I too will no longer post on OT and make Ming's job a bit easier,so take a break Ming old man 1 less to clog the forum.
              Bye,dasvidanya,Lere vedere,ciao,adios.......
              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by vlad (edited May 07, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Imran! I knew there was a revolutionary in there somewhere.

A simpler and more effective tactic would be to disable images when you post, or use something like The Proxomitron to block banner ads. Hit 'em where it hurts- the wallet!

Comment

thread moved where it belongs, to the apolyton forum

I'm sure "All Freedom-Wishing Apolytoners" read the Apolyton forum(or have learned to read it)

Comment

Working...
                  X