This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On behalf of Carolus Rex...

Carolus Rex asked me to lodge a protest on his behalf. He was given a one-week vacation for a double logon; here's his version of the story:

He was working at college on his usual computer. One of his fellow doctoral students posted to Apolyton using a different computer. Apparently, it came from the same IP as he uses, though. Possible a shared internet connection? Anyway, he protests this unprovoked and unjustified heavyhanded behavior on the part of the moderators, etc., etc.

same IPs? Hmm...I posted from different computers (one login of course ) in my school and each computer does have a different IP... but one week ain't so bad... it will do everybody good, oh yeah, big time...

Comment

At my place of employment, we use a program called iShare. It allows a single internet connection to be shared among all nodes of a network. So any computer on that network would use the same IP. Maybe Carolus has something similar?

Comment

first of all, i wonder: why do banned people put other people post for them when all they must do to get in touch with the admin is MAIL them?

on the subject, I would like to be contacted by the two persons, from unique, non-free e-mails mentioning the password of their regarding logins. if that happens the logins will be enabled...
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited May 04, 2000).]</font>

Comment

"One of his fellow doctoral students posted to Apolyton using a different computer."

Yeah... right! And this "fellow" doctoral student created a pigglywiggly log on in a thread about pigs, saying don't eat me.

Yeah, and pigs fly

------------------
          Ming
          CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
          Ming@Apolyton.net
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ming - the same individual has a PigglyWiggly ICQ ID, which is older than the thread in question. Apparently there is some fascination with pigs here which made that individual feel compelled to post.

Mark - just a guess here, but maybe Carolus asked me to post because of the public nature of his banning. Handling it quietly via email is like when the newspaper prints an incorrect story on page 1 but the retraction is printed on page 21.

I'm not looking for any trouble with the moderators here, so I'll just shut up after this post. Maybe Carolus Rex is a dumb schizophrenic, but I believe his story.

Comment

what makes you think that

1) if we're in error we wont make another public thread to "clean" his reputation, especially if he asks for it

2) if you disagree with the moderators you will get banned. this is extremly iritating. we're doing this for 20 months, noone has been banned for having a disagreement with an admin/mod, and I still keep seeing half serious/half joking(or even totally serious) statements like that!

Comment

Come on Carolus, you know you did it
                Remember, it's only a week, it's not that bad

Comment

Actually, upon further review, I believe Carolus know. We have traded e-mails on the subject (the way you are supposed to do it)
                  We are just waiting for some additional information...

Plus, let me echo MarkG's comments. I have restricted a lot of people, but never for disagreeing with me. As I've said in the past, if that was the case, there would be a lot less posters around here

------------------
                  Ming
                  CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
                  Ming@Apolyton.net
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Carolus Rex and PigglyWiggly are two different people. Both logins enabled, Carolus's post count restored.

thread posted in OT

Comment

Thanks DaveV for your support! [sniff]

And apologies for ruining yesterday's game, whining about my vacation. Looking forward to continue it today!

Carolus

Comment

Mark and Ming - sorry to offend you guys. I know you do a lot of work for little (Mark) or no (Ming) pay, and I really didn't mean to imply that I'd be banned for complaining. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Comment

A week off from ACS can do you a lot of good... I'm thinking about it right now
                          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

case is closed, so is the thread....

Comment

Working...
                            X