Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one phrase with title, location, date?

what if instead of a simple listing, we had a phrase combining the three?

example(with Lancer's data): "An Oregon Coast's Emperor, born in Apr 99"

"Emperor of Oregon Coast, born in Apr 99"

or something like that...

Hmmm... what does this look like?

edit: hmmmmmmmm....

edit 2: "born" is a little misleading don't you think ?

edit 3: I don't like this option: ""An Oregon Coast's Emperor, born in Apr 99" since it won't work correctly with all locations... for example: it doesn't work well with "The Netherlands"

edit 4: what about putting a comma between the title and "of" to separate it a little bit?

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Narck (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Narck (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>

Comment

bored MarkG?

Comment

It looks funny for those with a title.

Comment

I was going to fix a problem we had with the special titles(they had been slowly disappearing) and as I was reading the post count thread it struck me

Comment

This looks a bit strange with people who leave the location field empty. MWHC, emperor of comma? And I agree with Narck about the born thing.
            <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Paul (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Also, if you will consider adding a comma, you might also want to consider changing of to from?

Comment

changing my profile info... let's see what this looks like.

edit: hmmmmm... why is it that the first 2 lines are so close together and the last one further away? Looks ugly.

Comment

All the fun "from" jokes are gone! We now have to make up "of" jokes! Maybe "prince of darkness" would make a nice title? Or possibly "King of the bottomless pit"? "King of the world"? "King of Kong"? The possiblities are endless!

(I'm waiting for "Prince of Maine, King of New England" guys!)
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Hugo Rune (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>

Comment

It's almost like a custom title!

Comment

well, I thought this as a nice way to combine the (civ realted) title with the location. but now it is quite obvious that some people will use it to get an almost custom title...
                      oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing this work in a fun way(and not in an abusive one)

<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>

Comment

Has anyone else noticed that the new hack only works on some threads - others are unchanged - and as they have little red books on them they can't be in my cache!

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I don't care for the "Born" part. Perhaps "registered" or "joined" might be better choices.

Comment

What about this one ?
                            Prince of Thieves

CyberShy
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

And I'm still on that cloud above the Northern Atlantic...

----
                              And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of tubular bells.
                              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Patriqvium (edited April 20, 2000).]</font>
                              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Working...
                              X