what is this about banning and %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this about banning and %

what is this i hear about banning and percentage. example- 1 week and 10%, ming can you explain.

sorry but i had to post ming, please almighty ming dont ban me.

------------------
    Looks like 1212 has been eating some of that mad cow beef.-My Wife Hates CIV
    hmmm... advanced stages of mad cow.-My Wife Hates CIV
    Suddenly, 1212 turns black...-The Brain
    What would it take to reunite the Beattles?
    Three more bullets. - Datri
    yeap, that's how it is! and until all people see this our way, we will continue to ban those who don't-MarkG
    Case Closed. If you start a thread in the next 24 hours, or perform other acts of spamming... you will get a vacation.-Ming

Gee... you are pushing your luck today

The percentage is a reduction in their post count.
    Some people actually care about it

------------------
    Ming
    CivII & Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I don't get it either, I never even knew a rule. I wish people would come to my forums that way it wouldn't be so quiet.

------------------
      Webmaster---Come to the Civworld Forums

"If you cannot beat them, don't join them, instead corrupt them, make them join you, then throw them off a cliff."

"Greatness is measured by how evil you are, the more evil, the greater you become."

Comment

Have a nice vacation 1212
        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Nah he won't get banned I don't think at least.

Comment

I detect people trying to bum up their own forums.

Ming, isn't there some other place that these guys can **** off to and not hassle you or us?

Comment

Thinking about it.....

the only reason we get threads like this is because Ming and co. are too damned soft.

No three strikes and you are out just "piss me off and I bar you IP".

I think that would shut the complainers pretty shortly, wouldn't you?

Comment

not really, there are public libraries.

Comment

Additionally, this won't work with some people who have dialup accounts. Most dialup accounts give you a different IP number each time you connect, so the person will only be blocked occasionally.

Mark
                  main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
                  i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

And this is before whe get to the situation in a country like Britain, where there are literally hundreds of totally free ISPs that can be up and running in a few days.

Comment

No, egg, the admins are just (i am NOT SUCKING UP!) Really really nice, smart, educated, sympathetic, people!
                      Jools Weevil Jr.
                      what have you been drinking again jools?-MarkG
                      Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

Jools - I agree that Ming seems like a nice guy, especially considering some of the bs he has to put up with on a relatively constant basis from some people around here when he doesn't get paid for being a mod. However, why should he threaten people with vacations if they do something one more time if he's not prepared to carry out the punishment when the person calls his bluff....as 1212 did (after creating seven or eight - mostly useless and unintelligible - threads and having Ming warn him that if he created another within 24 hours he'd get a vacation, 1212 goes ahead and creates this one...and Ming simply says 1212 is pushing him?). Either Ming means what he says or he doesn't.....Case Closed!
                        Sorry Ming....I always wanted to say that....
                        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

I want to know why this thread hasn't been "moved to the Apolyton Forums where it belongs" yet.

------------------
                          "Indeed, there is no end to this madness, and the yahoos never sleep." - H.S.T.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If we banned all IPs then that would solve the problem.

Comment

embalmer i resent the fact that you call most my threads "useless and unintelligible".
                              in fact i have yet to see one thread by yourself the i would consider good!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X