Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Newsbox to open new browser window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Newsbox to open new browser window?

In the original thread, Atahualpha made the following suggestion...

It would be better if there would be a new window opened everytime I select a news. Because then I remain at the forums AND am able to check the news and all very convient and fast.

MarkG said:

interesting replies, more needed to get an image of your preferences...

So, I've started this thread so that people's opinions can be clearly seen... please vote 'yes' or 'no', and if you want a brief description of the reasoning behind your decision...
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Iain Lindley (edited April 11, 2000).]</font>

Yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

I'm bored, so I'll make a running total...

The ayes to the left - two.
        The noes to the right - none.

Comment

Aye.

Comment

As already mentioned in the original thread: yes.

Comment

As I said in the original thread: I'd like to see the user given the option.
              <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 11, 2000).]</font>
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Yes - but an option would be handy too.

Comment

Yes
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Do I really have to vote

YES of course!!!!
                    Forumnewsbox should open a new window when I select a newsitem.

Ata

Comment

Yes: Seven
                      No: None
                      User Option: One

Comment

Mark make this poll a news item
                        I dont think so many people visit the "Apolyton" Forum.

ATa

Comment

No!
                          If it is made to open in a new window everybody well get it, not just them who say yes.
                          As it is now those who want it in a new window can just decide for them self and middleclick/rightclick to open their very own window.

Popping windows are evil!
                          http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Thue:

Did you trip over a stray window when you were a child or something?

------------------
                            adaMada
                            adamada@springmail.com
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Thue: Sure opening a new window, waiting due to processor calculation time, clicking on a news item. Very very convient [/sarcastic]
                              I will never ever use the forum news box when it doesnt open in a new window. Besides, the window doesnt pop up uncontrolled. When you click it pops up, whats the problem with that?

When I surf around the net, I have always at least about 2 or 3 windows opened. Then I read trough one page and click somewhere on a link, switch to the next page, while the other loads in the background, so that when I come back, everything has loaded fine and I didnt have to wait.

When I browse through the forums, I look at all the different topics and shift-click (opens link in a new window) on those that interest me. When I opened the last thread, the first has already loaded...

Ata

Comment

Working...
                              X