The forum script here is better than the one at the UBB web-site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The forum script here is better than the one at the UBB web-site

I went and checked the UBB web-site, today, mainly to check prices, etc. (No, I'm not gonna start my own forums, just curious). I found that the script they use at their own site is by far inferior to the one Mark and Dan use.

That is a feat in and of itself. I don't know how you did that, Mark and Dan, but it merits a big HOORRAY.

Asmodean

------------------
    I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

The keyword is HACKS

And they have lots of them right here, whereas the official site is boring as hell (no hacks whatsoever).

However, take a look at www.ubbcodehacking.com to see even more hacks There's a lot of stuff there that I would really like to see here..

Open up a thread in the forum and hit post reply... in the next screen you'll see a bunch of options (to bold your text, italics, colors etc.) all made really easy with javascript. So you don't have to write the < > code anymore.

According to Markos, we're going to get that over here as well, someday when he has time to install it

Comment

Another thing...

When we first got the all blue message icons over here, I thought they were boring. But now, comparing them to the ones at other websites, I have to say that they're really WAY NICER than the ones posted at other sites.

Good job, guys

Comment

Of corse the script here is supperior. Everything here is supperior. This site needs to be renamed supperioroton. (just kidding)

------------------
        adaMada
        adamada@springmail.com
        <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 13, 2000).]</font>
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

you have to kiss more ass's if you want a personal title.....
          <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Cthol (edited April 14, 2000).]</font>
          -Cthol
          Kropotkin="Finland=lunie"
          ppl="I don't get it..."
          Kropötkin="i sort of said that some newbie must be a lunie. since he was from finland."

Cthol; your sig just get's lunier and lunier everytime i see it
          Kropotkin

ProvostB, are you my sister. .
          connorkimbro

HA HA HA HA HA HA H(ãMing 1999, All rights reserved)

i love ming! ProvostB

&lt;I&gt;This is...A true example of a signature that is:
          1. Way too long
          2. Complete rubbish

Comment

lalala
            ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Well, Cthol. I look at this as a multi step rocket. First i do the groundwork, and then I go in for the kill

Expect me to have a personal title by the end of May. Something like "Apolyton Hero" wil do just fine thankyou

Asmodean

------------------
              I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I want one if he gets turned down!!

((I think those "supperior"s are worth something, even if they are spelled wrong ))

------------------
                adaMada
                adamada@springmail.com
                - As I said in a different post, I do have a sence of humor, I just only use it on fridays.
                <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 14, 2000).]</font>
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                X