Request: Forum newsbox to open a new browserwindow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Forum newsbox to open a new browserwindow

When I visit the forums and want to check the news I have to manually strg+n a new window and from there have to select the news headline. This is way to complicated. This way nobody will ever use the forum news box very much.
    It would be better if there would be a new window opened everytime I select a news. Because then I remain at the forums AND am able to check the news and all very convient and fast.

Thanks,
    Ata

Hey then perhaps I would actually read it! Good idea!

Comment

C'mon EvC, you know you wouldn't anyway

But I like the suggestion...at least for those times I don't get an error for it.
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Markos is probably already so busy working to fix this, that he cant reply here

ata

Comment

I'm a newbie to these forums but I do agree that by opening it in a 2nd window it would be a lot more helpful.

Comment

I like this suggestion a lot.

Comment

I agree, I think it is a good idea. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it would be hard to implement either... still, I wait with baited breath

Comment

I think the popping windows are generally a bad idea. I like to have control of my windows; if I want it in a new window I'll move my finger to the middle button and click on that myself.
                Nothing is more irritating than getting a window you don't want popped up and then have to close the old one.
                http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Why not go for the revelutionary new idea of choice :

<u>let the user choose.</u>

This could be accomplished by having two seperate butons, or you could have it set in the user-prefrences.

------------------
                  adaMada
                  <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 06, 2000).]</font>
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Then people might whinge about having too many buttons to choose from or options to set.

Comment

Easy solution:

Create a new option, called 'Do you want lots of options' .

------------------
                      adaMada
                      - See, I really do have a sense of humor; I just only use it on fridays.
                      - OptionMan to the rescue!!
                      <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by adaMada (edited April 07, 2000).]</font>
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I dont have such a middle mouse button!

And about control of my windows, well, I know that it opens a new window, so I have total control!
                        No control, would be when a window is opened even though I didnt click anything. Like the banner windows on geocities or something similar, thats annoying.

Mark, Dan, whats up? Is this thread worth no reply

Ata

Comment

The menu is extremely annoying when using a mousewheel... If you click on the combo button, and then attempt to use your mousewheel to scroll down the page, whereupon you're whisked off to an uninteresting news item. What's worse, if you scroll all the way up you get a non-page.

Comment

interesting replies, more needed to get an image of your preferences....

Comment

I would definately want to see it open in a new window. I also always open the forum threads in new windows. That allows me to read one thread while the other threads are loading.

Comment

Working...
                              X